Chapter 16

To both the girls surprise the person who actually answers and greets them was none other than their grandfather.

“Good afternoon grandfather.”

“Good afternoon Mei it’s very nice too see you and as expected you are right on time"

“Good afternoon gramps.”

“Ah Yuzu I did not recognise you, but Good afternoon to you"

“Please both of you come inside"

“Thank you"

Both of them replied together walking in. As they walked in in their grandfather said

“Dinner will be ready momentarily but before that may I say that you both look lovely”

“Thanks gramps" replied Yuzu.

“Mei could you escort your guest to the dining area’

“Of course grandfather I can do that but can I remind you that she is not guest as she is after all family.”

“Yes I am sorry. Let me rephrase my last my statement.”

“No need to but could you please remember that in future”

Yuzu who was being really quite was thinking who is this person beside me. She is not holding back her whole demeanour has changed. Her younger sister looked at her elder sister and asked

“Are you ok"

“Erm yes I am OK but weren’t you being a bit harsh just then"

“No. I could of been more harsh. He cannot treat you that way. After all you are now my girlfriend and if I am honest I cannot wait to see his face when I tell him"

The eldest sister could not help but laugh at that statement and replied

“I hope his heart is better as we might have to go see him at the hospital. As he is going to be well shocked.”

Mei did not think about that maybe I should of done this over the phone. She closed her eyes  and in her head she was thinking “No this had to be done face to face" turning towards her girlfriend she took her hand and lead her to the dining area.

A few minutes later their grandfather came in followed by a butler with dinner. Yuzu could smell the food and was wondering what it was. When her plate was put in front of her she could see that is was venison with some melted cheese on top some potatoes covered in what looked like a garlic and herb sauce and a few vegetables. Without realising her mouth started watering.

As she did not want to be rude she waited for all plates to be put down in front of everybody. As soon as the last plate was put in front of them,  their grandfather he spoke.

“Please enjoy”

With this all three of them started to eat their dinner. They were just about finished  when their grandfather spoke.

“Mei"

“Yes grandfather"

“Could you tell me more about the conversation we had on the phone a few days ago.”

“I will gladly do that for you. Where would you like me to start"

“From the beginning.”

“Very well but before I start I want both of you too know some of this won’t be nice. I also want to say don’t interrupt. Once I am finished if any of you have any question I will answer them to the best of my ability"