Chapter 37

Ume continued to lay snuggled up to her husband. She closed her eyes and started to think about what happened the day she met him. She looked at her daughters and started.

“I met your father on the street. He was peering around the corner of a building staring at a girl. I was about to shout to the girl when he turned around and started walking.

I asked him what he thought he was doing staring at her as it made no sense. His reply left me dumb founded.”

“It’s not what you think. That girl is my daughter. I was kinda checking up in her.”

“Well sneaking around is not good for you Maybe go and talk to her.”

“That would not go down well.”

“Elaborate or I’m calling the police.”

“Calm down, I can explain but not on a street corner. Look over there is a pub let’s go and talk there. But let me introduce myself. My name is Shou Aihara.”

“My name is Ume”

Turning towards her girls Ume saw that they were interested in what she was saying and continued.

“Well it nice to meet you Ume.”

“Well I would say it nice to meet you but I’m still not sure what to think thus moment in time.”

We get to the pub and we order our drinks which your papa paid for. I must say it was more than 1 but I did not keep count.

“Well Shou want to explain yourself”

“It quite complicated so I shall give you the short version and if you don’t beleive me I will hand myself over.”

“Just start.”

“Around five years ago I divorced that girls mother. It was an arranged marriage. Love was never there. I just had to marry and produce an heir and that girl is the heir to the Aihara group.”

“Really.”

“Yes really”

“Well fancy that, I’m sitting here with a billionaire”

“Yes well you certainly are. Sorry we are getting side tracked. A few months after the divorce I started travelling around the world. I asked her to come with me but she wanted to stay. She wanted to keep a dream of hers alive and I had no reason to stop her.
I left her all alone. I come back sometimes to check up on her and I always end up making things worse and leave again.
So now I’ve taken to sneaking around corners just too see a glimpse of her.”

“You sound pathetic and that poor child. Don’t she have family that she can live with.”

“Yes, she has my father but she does not want to live with him and I don’t know where her mother is.”

“Well Shou, I think you better sort yourself out.”

“I could not agree more. But I’ve still yet to find myself.”

“Well you better find it and soon. What about if I took her in. My daughter is off the same age.”

“What about your husband.”

“No need to worry about that he died over 10 years ago.”

“My condolences.”

“As I’ve said Its been over ten years. Look why don’t we meet up tomorrow and have dinner together. We  can talk some more as I really do need to get home to my girl.”

“So I take it you believe me then.”

“Yes. I believe you.”

“Thank god.”

Ume once again looked at her daughters and they were giggling with each other. When Yuzu looked at her papa and just said.

“Wow papa your so lame.”

Shou did not say anything. Ume continued.

“After we had dinner and starting actually dating and around a year later it was decided that we should get married so that we could take in Mei as my daughter.”

 This time Mei spoke.

“Wow, how much of that did you cut out.”

Shou said replying

“Quite a bit. It took us a while to find out if we could work out as a couple and to be honest with you I fell in love first.
I did not know what I was feeling at the time, but every time we went home, I felt a little bit sad but every time we would meet up my heart would race and I could not wait to see her again.

Once I explained to Ume she understood what I was talking about. She was on the one who told me that I was in love with her and that it was OK as she was in love with me.”

“Ah, Papa.”

Shou looked at his eldest and frowned at her but continued.

“After we knew that we could work together as a unit, I asked her to marry me. We did not have a grand wedding. All we had was a few select friends there.”

Ume looked at her husband and give him a quick kiss. Once again Shou continued.

“I don’t think I would be in this position now if was not for your mother. I left her alone most of the time with my treasure and between you two my relationship with Mei has never been stronger. I am so grateful that day I got caught spying and here we are.”

Ume finished off by saying.

“I’m glad I was the one to find him. He knows that I love him, but Yuzu I loved your father and I still love him. Shou knows this but I just wanted you too know.”

Yuzu let’s out a couple of tears and held her partners hand and said.

“I know you do mama, I love him too.”

Mei looked at her fiancé smiled at her and lightly kissed her. She looked like she wanted to say something but did not. Whatever it was she kept it to herself for the time being. Ume gave a yawn, stretched her self and excused herself. She said goodnight to her daughters held out her hand to her husband and went to bed.

Mei once again looked upon her fiancé face and spoke to her softly.

“Yuzu, can we go somewhere tomorrow.”

“Yes, Mei we can. Where do you want to go?”

“To see your father.”

“That’s sounds fine, I’ve not been there in a while, maybe it would be nice to go see him."

“OK, how about we go to bed as well as we have a big day tomorrow and we just added to it.”

“Sounds like a plan. “