Chapter 1 - Child of The Void

Normal Writing: Speaking
Italic Writing: Thoughts

After Arifu lost consciousness, he was taken by a certain man in a blue haori with cloud patterns on it and a tengu mask.

...

Arifu: Ugh, where am I...?

???: You are in my house.

Arifu: Who are you?

???: My name is Urokodaki Sakonji.

Arifu: Urokodaki-san do you know what-

Sakonji: Where did you get that mark on your chest?

Arifu was cut off by Sakonji as he points at some spiral patterns at the right side of his chest.

Arifu: Oh, this? I was born with it. I think it was one of the reasons my actual parents threw me away...

Sakonji: Oh, really? Interesting... This kid is adopted? And if he actually got that mark when he was born, he may become one of the best swordsman ever or even surpass Yoriichi...

Sakonji: What is your name?

Arifu: Tomioka, Tomioka Arifu.

Sakonji: Alright, Arifu. I know you have some questions but before that, do you know anything about demons?

Arifu: They are creatures that come out at night and feed on humans. My father was a demon slayer. B-But he... told me to run when he was protecting my mom from an Upper Moon...

Sakonji: He knows about the 12 Demon Moons? This kid actually has good knowledge about the demon slaying world...

Sakonji: About that mark on your chest, you got the Mark of The Void.

Arifu: What does that mean?

Sakonji: You are destined to be able to use the Void Breathing style. Do you know what a breathing style is?

Arifu: Yes, they are certain breathing techniques that the demon slayers use to slay demons. They are a lot of breathing styles but they were all from the main one, Sun Breathing. My dad uses water breathing. But I've never heard of Void Breathing though...

Sakonji: It was just a legend, but not anymore... The legend also says that there is a trainer for the Void Breathing style on Mount Tsurugi.

Arifu: Mount Tsurugi?! That mountain is super tall! It's also snowy...

Sakonji: Going up that mountain would be dangerous so I am going to train you and teach you the Water Breathing style.

Arifu: Okay! What do I do?

Sakonji: Follow me, we're gonna climb a mountain.

Arifu: A-Alright... A MOUNTAIN?!

Slight Timeskip

Sakonji: Go back down from here.

He says as he disappears into the fog...

Arifu: It can't be that hard, can it? I've always had sharp senses and I can see, smell and sense things from a mile away.

Without wasting any time, he started to run down the mountain until he fell down a hole.

Arifu: So there's traps scattered around the mountain, huh? This is gonna take a while...

15 Minutes Later...

Arifu: I-I'm...back...U-Urokodaki...san...

Arifu says as he passes out

Sakonji: Tomioka Arifu, I accept you as my student.

Sakonji says as he pats Arifu's head.

...

Timeskip

Arifu's POV

It has been a few weeks since I first started training with Urokodaki-san. I descend the mountain from before every day while avoiding the traps that he set up for me. However, the traps started to become harder as time goes on.

Urokodaki-san taught me how to wield a sword since I've never used one before. He taught me the ten forms of the Water Breathing Technique and also Total Concentration Breathing. He said that it makes your body as strong as a demon's.

The training was really rough, but I started to get used to it as time goes on. I swung my sword more than a thousand times, stood under a waterfall and practicing falling..? Yeah, I had to hit Urokodaki-san with a sword while he was unarmed, he just grabs me by my kimono and throws me every single time.

After a year and a half, Urokodaki-san suddenly said that he had nothing to teach me, I was shocked. He then brought me to a really massive boulder and told me that he would let me go find the Breath of The Void Trainer if I manage to slice the boulder. It took some time, but I managed to slice it after a few months of repeating the techniques that Urokodaki-san taught me and training by myself.

Urokodaki POV

I was drinking some tea in my cabin and Arifu suddenly came to me and said that he had sliced the boulder. I couldn't believe it, he sliced the boulder in half. I felt proud and congratulated him. I then gave him the directions to Mt. Tsurugi and waved him off...

A/N: The first chapter is finished, i hope you like it! Sorry if it's a bit short cuz i wanted to do the next part in a separate chapter.