Chapter 15 - Origins

Previously...

Sanemi: "If I may, Oyakata-sama, what breathing style is Void Breathing derived from? I have never heard of it."

This got the other Hashiras to nod their heads in agreement.

Kagaya: "Well... Gather around, my children. I have a story to tell you."

===

Oyakata-sama could be seen sitting down and gesturing all the Hashiras to do so in front of him.

Everyone sat down in a semi-circle in front of Oyakata-sama and waited for him to speak.

Kagaya: "You all know about the first-breath, right?"

Kyojuro: "Yes, Oyakata-sama, we do!" he said with an enthusiastic smile.

All the other Hashiras nodded in agreement.

Kagaya: "The first breathing style was created by a man named Tsugikuni Yoriichi and the name of the breathing style is Sun Breathing."

Everyone listened attentively.

Kagaya: "Sun Breathing was assumed to be the strongest breathing style and whenever Yoriichi used it, his bright red blade would slow down the regeneration of demons."

Everyone was now really interested in hearing more.

Kagaya: "All the breathing styles you use today were derived from Sun Breathing."

Kagaya: "However, there is one breathing style that was not a variant of Sun Breathing but was originally created by Yoriichi's best friend."

Kagaya: "And this breathing technique is known as Void Breathing. The one Arifu here uses."

All the Hashiras looked at him while Arifu just smiled.

Kagaya: "Unlike Sun Breathing, Void Breathing does not have any special properties like slowing down demons' regeneration but it made up for it in terms of power and destruction. A perfect example would be the crater that was caused earlier."

All the Hashiras nodded while glancing back at the crater from earlier.

Obanai: "How do we learn the Void Breathing technique?"

Kagaya: "Void Breathing can only be used by people that have a certain mark called the 'Mark of the Void'. It is a purple mark that it's shape varies from each person."

Kagaya: "Arifu, would you mind showing everyone your mark?"

Arifu nodded and started to undo the buttons on his uniform and took the top off as well as his haori.

Everyone could see a very beautiful pattern that looks like dark purple flames and spirals from the left side of  Arifu's chest that almost reaches his collarbone.

Mitsuri: 'Kyaaaa he's so hot! He has such a fine muscular body!!! That mark also looks very pretty!' she thought in excitement.

Kagaya: "Thank you, Arifu."

Arifu: "You're welcome, Oyakata-sama." he said as he wears his uniform and haori again.