Chapter 12 - Tanjiro's Trial

A/N: i started writing this just an hour or so after the last one.

...

Previously

Child 1: "Oyakata-sama... has arrived."
Child 2: "Oyakata-sama... has arrived."
Both of the children said in unison.

Everyone's head turned to the shoji door as Oyakata-sama walks through with the help of two of his children.

Kagaya: "So good of you to come, my beloved children..."

He continued to walk and stopped right at the edge, where the sunlight reaches his face.

Kagaya: "Good morning, everyone. The weather is amazingly good today."

...

Kagaya or better known as Oyakata-sama is standing on the edge of his veranda while looking at everyone who were present at the semi-annual Hashira meeting.

Kagaya: "I wonder if the sky is blue."

Kagaya: "It pleases me that we've made it to our semi-annual Hashira Meeting with no personnel changes." he smiled.

Tanjiro: 'Wounded? No, is he sick? So this man's the master?' he thought.

But to Tanjiro's surprise, the Wind Pillar had pushed his face flat to the ground.

Tanjiro: 'So quick! I couldn't even react!'

But Tanjiro soon realised that his head was being pushed because everyone was kneeling.

Sanemi: "I am pleasant to see you in good health, as well, Oyakata-sama. I fervently pray for your continued good fortune." he said in the most polite way as possible.

Kagaya: "Thank you, Sanemi."

Mitsuri: 'I wanted to say that! Offer my greetings to Oyakata-sama!'

Sanemi: "If I may, Oyakata-sama... Before we start the Hashira Meeting, would you mind enlightening us about this swordsman, Kamado Tanjiro accompanied by a demon?" he requested.

Arifu: 'What the fuck is with this guy? He sounds and acts like a total jerk but he just made a 180 degree turn...' he thought.

Kagaya: "Right. I'm sorry for startling you all. About Tanjiro and Nezuko... I've sanctioned their situation. And I'd also like you all to accept it."

Gyomei: "Even if it's what you desire, Oyakata-sama. I cannot agree to it."

Tengen: "I'm flamboyantly opposed, as well! A Demon Slayer travelling with a demon is unacceptable!"

Mitsuri: "I shall do whatever it is you wish, Oyakata-sama!"

Muichiro: "I'm fine either way... since i'm going to forget anyway."

However, the Insect and Water Hashira remained silent.

Obanai: "I won't trust them. I won't trust them. In the first place, I loathe demons."

Kyojuro: "Although I respect you with all my heart, that's an incomprehensible notion, Oyataka-sama! I oppose it with everything I've got!"

Sanemi: "The Demon Slayer Corps' mission is to annihilate demons. I request that you penalize both Kamado and Tomioka!"

Kagaya: "The letter." he asked one of his children by his side.

Child 1: "This is a letter received from a former Hashira, Urokodaki Sakonji."