Chapter 19 - Hashira Tournament

A/N: Yes, I'm still using the second option cuz it was a good idea. Thanks, NotAuthorSSS for the idea and letting me use it.

===

Arifu is on his way to Oyakata-sama's estate alongside Mitsuri and Shinobu. Mitsuri and Arifu were talking but Shinobu just stayed silent along the way.

Mitsuri: "Shinobu?"

Shinobu: "Y-Yes?"

Mitsuri: "Why are you being so quiet?"

Before Shinobu could respond, they had already arrived at the front of the estate.

???: "Kocho! Kanroji! Arifu!" a voice called out enthusiastically.

Arifu, Shinobu & Mitsuri: "Huh?"

They turned around and saw Kyojuro walking towards them.

Shinobu: "Rengoku-san."

Arifu: "Yo, Kyojuro."

They all walked together inside and saw that Giyuu and Tengen were already there.

Tengen: "Yo." he waved at Arifu.

Arifu: "Hey, Tengen."

Shinobu: "Greetings, Uzui-san."

As all of the present were talking, Arifu headed over to Giyuu who was standing by himself away from the others.

Arifu: "Hey, brother."

Giyuu: "H-Huh? Oh, hey..."

Arifu: "Why are you just standing here by yourself?"

Giyuu: "Nobody likes me..."

Arifu: "How do you know that? Because of Shinobu-san's teasing?"

Giyuu: "How did you..."

Arifu: "I figured."

Arifu: "Don't think so poorly of yourself. If you talk to other people more, you'll be liked."

Giyuu: "..."

Arifu: "Anyways, we have a lot to catch up with since I actually have a brother. Take care of yourself, brother."

Arifu started to walk away but Giyuu said something,

Giyuu: "Right... Thank you, aniki..." he muttered the last part but Arifu heard it and smiled without looking back.

(A/N: "Aniki" means older brother.)

After a while, all the Hashiras were now present and Oyakata-sama had arrived with his two children.

Oyakata-sama: "Good afternoon, everyone. I'm happy to see you all here, I am also very sorry for telling you all to come here in such a short notice."

Kyojuro: "It is alright, Oyakata-sama!" he assures as Oyakata-sama nods his head.

Oyakata-sama: "You all must be wondering why have I asked for you to be here."

All the Hashiras nod.

Oyakata-sama: "I would like to announce that we are going to be holding a Hashira Tournament."

Arifu: "What is the purpose of the tournament, if I may ask, Oyakata-sama?"

Oyakata-sama: "It is to see which of you are the most strongest and which of you who need improving."

Gyomei: "I see..."

Tengen: "Sounds flamboyant."

Kyojuro: "That will be fun!"

Oyakata-sama: "When should we host the tournament?"

Arifu: "Today is fine, Oyakata-sama."

Sanemi, Tengen, Kyojuro and Giyuu nod their heads.

Gyomei: "Today is fine."

Obanai: "I'm okay with it."

Muichiro: "I don't care when we host it."

Oyakata-sama: "Alright, then. It's settled, we'll do it today and right here. If you want to use Breathing Styles, you must use wooden katanas but you may use your own if you'll only use your swordsmanship."

Oyakata-sama: "To win, you must either make your opponent drop their weapon or knock them out."

All the Hashiras nod.

Arifu: "Who will be facing who?"

Oyakata-sama: "I'll do the matchups, Arifu against Obanai, Kyojuro and Giyuu, Gyomei and Tengen, Muichiro and Sanemi and Shinobu and Mitsuri."

Tengen: "Who'll go first?"

Oyakata-sama: "We'll follow the ascending order from whose name I said first."

Gyomei: "Then, Arifu and Obanai will be first."

Arifu: "Alright."

Obanai: "Sure."

Oyakata-sama: "Will you use Breathing Styles or only swordsmanship?"

Arifu & Obanai: "Breathing Styles."

Oyakata-sama: "Very well."

Arifu and Obanai both get a training katana each and assume fighting stances.

All the Hashiras sit in a line a few meters back to watch the fight.

Mitsuri: 'Go, Arifu! You can do it!' she thought.

Oyakata-sama: "Ready?"

They both nod their heads and grip their blades.

"Begin."

===

A/N: Okay so I will be writing ALL the fights (one fight per chapter) so expect to see many chapters based on the fights from now on. It will also help improve my writing.