Chapter 27 - Fearsome Fight

A/N: Anyone want a donut? Here 🍩. And a basketball too 🏀.

===

*ZOOM*

A loud crash rings in everyone's ears as a huge cloud of smoke emerges.

It only took a few seconds until two glowing eyes could be seen within.

As the dust cloud disappears, a familiar demon with short pink hair, a green body with dark blue markings come into view.

Tanjiro: 'Upper...Three? What's he doing here?'

Suddenly, a very deadly aura was being released beside Tanjiro. He turns to his side and finds Arifu with veins bulging from his arms, neck and face.

This causes Tanjiro and even Rengoku to be afraid.

Arifu: "YOU! UPPER THREE, YOU'RE THE ONE WHO KILLED MY PARENTS!"

???: "Hm? Oh so it's you... The one who ran away despite being almost an adult at that time..."

Arifu: "The fuck did you say to me, you little shit?!!"

Ignoring Arifu, The demon launches toward Tanjiro, in an attempt to completely destroy his head.

"Flame Breathing, Second Form: Rising Scorching Sun!"

Rengoku releases an arching slash upwards, succeeding in slicing Upper 3's arm in half.

However, he just does a few backflips and regenerates his arm in a few seconds.

???: "That's a fine sword." he licks some blood off his arm.

Rengoku: 'He sure can regenerate fast. This heavy and overwhelming aura... So this is an Upper Rank.'

Arifu: "Why would you go after an injured person first?"

???: "He could get in the way of the chitchat between me and you two." he points at Rengoku

Arifu: "Talking with you is just out of the question. You killed my fucking parents!"

Rengoku: "What would you and I have to talk about? I'm meeting you for the first time and I already don't like you."

???: "Is that right? Well, I loathe weak humans, too. Just the sight of a weakling makes my skin crawl."

Rengoku: "Then, it looks like our senses of value are completely different."

???: "All right, then I have a brilliant proposal for both of you. Why won't you two become demons?"

Rengoku: "I will not."