Chapter 4 - Final Selection

A/N: Sorry for the long wait but i hope this'll do.

...

Arifu POV

It's been a few hours since I left Mount Tsurugi and Gojo-sensei. I have to admit, I'm already starting to miss him. Well, we spent 6 years training and he was the only person I talked and conversed with.

Gojo-sensei may no longer have another disciple to pass on the Void Breathing technique so I have to survive the Final Selection and reach the highest rank in the Demon Slayer Corps.

Flashback

Gojo: "Once you are accepted into the Demon Slayer Corps, you will be given a rank. There are 10 ranks in total, you will most likely get Mizunoto, the lowest rank unless you do something really amazing at the Final Selection." Gojo-sensei explained.

Gojo: "The ranks starting from the highest are Kinoe, Kinoto, Hinoe, Hinoto, Tsuchinoe, Tsuchinoto, Kanoe, Kanoto, Mizunoe and Mizunoto."

Gojo: "However, if you the best of the best you can be given the Hashira rank. Hashira are the foundation of the Demon Slayer Corps. They are the best out of everyone and each Hashira uses a different breathing style."

Me: "Then I'm gonna become a Hashira."

Gojo: "I know you will." he smirked.

End of Flashback

Me: 'Ahh, I'm gonna make Gojo-sensei proud!' I thought as I continued my journey.

A Few Days Later

I've arrived at Mount Fujikasane. I'm quite tired but that's not gonna stop me.

As I ascend the steps, I could see roughly around 20 other people who i assume are here for the Final Selection as well.

After a few minutes, two children came out in front of everybody.

A/N: Ok so WHC will mean White-Haired Child and BHC will mean Black Haired Child. You got that? Alright, let's continue.

WHC: "Welcome everybody to the Final Selection of the Demon Slayer Corps."

BHC: "They are demons imprisoned around this mountain that were captured by our Demon Slayers."

WHC: "Wisteria, which demons hate are surrounding all of the mountain that makes the demons unable to leave."

BHC: "However, there will be no Wisteria beyond this point so there will be demons."

WHC: "To pass the Final Selection, you must survive here for 7 days."

BHC & WHC: "Now, be on your way."

...

The Final Selection just started and I am currently running through the forest in search for some demons. I wanted to save Void Breathing for stronger demons so I'll use Water Breathing for now.

It didn't take long for me to come across my first demon. It was just a man wandering around looking for people to eat.

I wasted no more time and rushed towards him.

"Water Breathing, First Form: Water Surface Slash."

I swiftly decapitated the demon as he was clueless.

Demon: "Hey, what the hell happened?!"

Me: 'Gods, if this man is ever reincarnated please do not make him a demon.' I prayed.

After that I was just slaying normal demons left and right for the next few days as nothing special happened. Well, that was until the last day...

...

On the seventh day, I was wandering around looking for anymore demons. I haven't seen anyone ever since the start of the Final Selection. My kill count was 51 demons. There were no more demons left so I was getting bored.

After a while of searching, I sensed a big group of demons up ahead, I sensed 11 demons.

Demon 1: "Hey, you're not going anywhere!"

Demon 2: "You killed a lot of our comrades, I'll never forgive you!"

They all looked normal but the third demon I saw looked different, he was a man in his late thirties with long hair and there was an engraving in his left eye but was sliced in an 'X'...

"Lower Moon 1"

Event though he was a former moon, he would still pack quite a punch. And its Lower Moon 1 we're talking about here...

Well, I'm gonna make this quick. The day is about to end.

"Water Breathing, Forth Form: Striking Tide"

I swiftly moved around the group as I decapitated every single demon except the former Lower Moon who was in the middle.

Demons: "W-What the?!" the demons exclaimed.

Former LM 1: "How dare you?! I'm gonna have fun killing you..." he stepped forward.

Me: "Finally, someone capable of experiencing the Void Breathing technique..."

Former LM 1: "Void Breathing? I've never heard of it. Must be pretty weak." the demon scoffed.

Me: "Never underestimate your opponents, demon." I said as a menacing aura grew around me.

Former LM 1: 'What the hell is this...? This dude feels frightening for some reason... I feel like I'm gonna shiver.'

Me: "I hope you find peace in the afterlife." I prayed for him as I readied a stance.

"Void Breathing..."

"Seventh Form:"

"Nightmare's Call"

I dashed at him as I gripped my sword and made a single curving slash at his head, decapitating him.

Me: "Sayonara..." I bid him as he disintegrated to ashes.

A/N: Ok so this chapter is by far the longest, i hope you enjoyed it!