Chapter 26 - Hent- Tentacle Train

===

Previously...

Arifu: "This is gonna be the biggest gamble of my life... Fuck it."

He takes his Void Katana and unsheathes it.

Arifu: "Let's see if this'll work."

He brings the blade to his neck and cuts it.

Arifu: "Shit!" he grunted in pain as he wakes up.

===

When Arifu wakes up, he realizes that the train wasn't the same as before. The walls were now covered in flesh and tentacles were everywhere.

Rengoku also woke up at the same time as him but Tanjiro, Zenitsu and Inosuke were nowhere to be seen.

Arifu nodded at Rengoku, signalling him to go with him and defend the passengers.

They both stand up and start to walk through the train car.

Arifu: "What the hell happened here...?"

Rengoku: "To think that all of this happened while we were dozing... How could this be?"

Arifu: "I'm ashamed as a Hashira...."

Rengoku: "If only I could crawl through a hole..."

Arifu: "Under a rock!"

They both dash forwards, speeding through the train cars and slashing whatever stands in their way.

The zoom past multiple train cars and find Tanjiro.

Tanjiro: "Rengoku-san, Arifu-san!"

Rengoku: "Kamado!"

Arifu: "Tanjiro, what the hell happened?"

Tanjiro: "The whole train has turned into a demon!"

Rengoku: "Then you need to cut it's neck!"

Tanjiro: "But how-"

Arifu: "Tanjiro, as long as it's a demon, it has a neck."

Tanjiro: "I see... I'll do my best!"

Rengoku: "This train has 8 cars. Me and Arifu will protect the first 6 and the yellow hair and your sister will protect the two at the back."

Arifu: "You'll decapitate the demon with Inosuke."

Tanjiro: "Understood!"

And with that, Arifu and Rengoku zoom off, leaving Tanjiro in the dust to protect their assigned cars.

Tanjiro: "Amazing! I can't even see them!"

Tanjiro: "The demon's scent is getting stronger by the second, hurry!"

Arifu and Rengoku are slashing dozens of tentacles together side by side, protecting the passengers.

They had been doing this for a while now and Arifu could hear Tanjiro's voice from far away.

"Hinokami Kagura, Clear Blue Sky!"

After that, the train shook violently and let out an ear-piercing shriek. The train cars jump uncontrollably and the train runs off track.

===

Tanjiro is currently slowing his breathing down since he had a stab wound in his abdomen. He is lying on the ground, all bruised up.

Tanjiro: 'Slow down your breathing, concentrate!'

Suddenly, Rengoku appeared out of nowhere with Arifu behind him.

Rengoku: "I see you've mastered Total Concentration Breathing, Constant! Impressive!"

Tanjiro: "Rengoku-san..."

Rengoku: "After all, Constant is the first step toward becoming a Hashira. Although, there might be 10,000 steps before you can become a Hashira."

Tanjiro: "I'll do my best."

Rengoku: "You're bleeding from the abdomen. You have to concentrate harder and improve the precision of your breathing."

Arifu: "Make your nerves reach every corner of your body."

Rengoku: "There's a blood vessel. A torn blood vessel."

Arifu: "Concentrate harder."

Tanjiro tries his best to concentrate and stop the bleeding.

Rengoku: "That's it. Stanch it, stop the bleeding."

Tanjiro grunts in pain due to being unsuccessful and putting strain on his wound.

Rengoku: "Focus!"

Tanjiro succeeds in stopping the bleeding and Rengoku smiles.

Arifu: "Nice, you stopped it."

Rengoku: "You'll be able to do many things if you master breathing."

Arifu: "Not that you'll be able to do everything."

Rengoku: "But you'll become a stronger version of yourself from yesterday for sure."

Rengoku: "Everyone's safe! There are hordes of injured people but nobody lost their lives."

Arifu: "Which is really great since we have 200 passengers and that is a lot."

Rengoku: "Don't strain yourself. Take it easy and rest up."

Tanjiro: "Thank you very much..."

===

With Enmu defeated and no casualties, every passenger could go back home after receiving treatment and Tanjiro and the others could rest.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
But fate didn't allow it.

*ZOOM*

To be Continued...

===

A/N: I have blessed you all with another chapter a day after the last chapter was published. Worship me, mortals. Lord Arifu-sama is here

(Fun Fact: Arifu is my real name but modified to make it sound more Japanese.)