Chapter 7: Target

Ren Yujun

Ren Yujun

Ten court beauties were sent to the side courtyard. The old woman who led the way did not give them any good face or glance at them along the way. When they reach their destination, the woman gave them a cold look and said, "This is it, you can go in. Our Mansion is different from the capital. If you live in peace, His Highness will not let you suffer. If someone dares to make trouble..."

The old lady had not finished her words, but how could those who were present not understand what she meant. The old woman saw that they were still perceptive, she lowered her eyes and said, "This mansion is small, there is no room for an idler. Two persons in a room, go find your own room."

After speaking, the old woman snorted and turned away.

Two persons in one room? The beauties who heard it all showed their unwillingness, even Tang Shishi frowned when she heard it.

It was fine given under previous circumstances due to the rush of the journey. When we all arrive at Prince Jing's mansion, do we still have to live with others? Tang Shishi was not lacking in material since she was a child, even when she entered the Imperial Palace, she was regarded as someone with good prospects and had never been treated badly.

Unexpectedly, after entering Prince Jing's mansion, her treatment plummeted. Tang Shishi did not believe that such a large mansion would have no extra rooms.

Obviously, Prince Jing was extremely unwilling to see them and did not even want to see them at all. Just cast them to the side courtyard and let them fend for themselves.

Tang Shishi was silent for a short while, before taking the lead to pick a room. It was no use complaining, it was more important to solve the problem. If you could endure hardships, you could be a master, think about the glory of being the Empress Dowager. So this setback was counted as what?

Ji Xinxian and her little sister were aggrieved. When she saw Tang Shishi heading inside, she hurriedly called out, "Hey, Tang Shishi, what are you doing?"

"Naturally, to pick a room." Tang Shishi glanced at Ji Xinxian coldly, "Didn't you hear the old woman's words?"

Ji Xinxian eagerly took two quick steps to enter the best room first. Tang Shishi saw that and sneered at her stupidity, the bird which takes the lead gets shot first and exposed herself to others as soon as she entered the mansion. Ji Xinxian really thought this was a good thing?

(T/N: the bird which takes the lead gets shot first– the person in the limelight bears the force of attack)

Tang Shishi did not think so. She was about to find another room when a group of maids walked over. The leader of the maids, Gugu's hair was meticulous, had a solemn expression, the corners of her eyes has wrinkled, but Tang Shishi could see that she was a beauty when she was young. Gugu stood at the door for a while and coughed softly.