Chapter 135: Season Finale

At the end of the eighth month, news came from the military front that the imperial military had won a complete victory in the conquest of Zhou Wang and Qi Wang. However, His Majesty was shot by a hidden arrow when they were on their way back from the expedition and fell ill.

His Majesty was injured, and the military naturally could not move forward. Now one hundred thousand troops were stationed in the midway, waiting in fear for the military doctor to heal His Majesty.

After the scouts passed the news to Jinling, there was an uproar in the court immediately. When Tang Shishi heard the news, her heart became cold.

Was not Zhao Chengjun on guard? Why did he still get hit by the arrow? Was there really no way to change the written ending?

Tang Shishi sat for a long time and could not believe the news. He promised to be ordered around by her all his life. How long has it been for him to break his promise?

Seeing that Tang Shishi’s complexion was not right, Dujuan was frightened and said hurriedly, “Niangniang, His Majesty has always been strong. Besides, there are imperial physicians in the army, His Majesty will certainly return safely. His Majesty is a blessed person. Niangniang, don’t worry too much. You still have a child in your belly. You have to take care of your health!”

Under normal circumstances, Tang Shishi also felt that Zhao Chengjun was in such good health and would definitely survive a small injury. However, this time was different.

This was a dead-end specially tailored for Zhao Chengjun. It was Heaven who wanted to kill him and made way for Zhao Zixun. Tang Shishi suddenly got excited, stood up, and asked, “Where is Shizi? Where is Zhao Zixun?”

Tang Shishi regretted that she should not have let Zhao Chengjun leave, let alone let Zhao Zixun live. Zhao Chengjun said that he could not punish the present people with things that have not yet happened. Tang Shishi believed it, but now, Zhao Chengjun was still shot by a hidden arrow!

It must be Zhao Zixun. He must be him playing tricks! Seeing that Tang Shishi was in a bad mood, the palace maids hurriedly stopped Tang Shishi, “Niangniang, what’s wrong with you? You have to calm down!”

Tang Shishi struggled like crazy, “Let go of me. I want to kill him!”

Dujuan was so scared that her heart trembled when she heard this. She promptly motioned to someone to close the door, hugged Tang Shishi firmly, and said, “Niangniang, His Majesty is only injured, and there is no bad news. You still have a child in your belly. Even if you don’t think about yourself, you should think for your two children ah!”

After all, Tang Shishi was a pregnant woman who was eight months long. She could not match the strength of four or five maids and soon exhausted herself. She lost her strength and fell on the couch with tears streaming down her eyes.

Dujuan also felt sad looking at her. She knelt on her feet, held Tang Shishi’s hand firmly, and kept reminding her, “Niangniang, it’s just the news of injury. His Majesty is resourceful and meticulous. He will definitely be fine.”

Tang Shishi cried so much that she could not utter a word. She could only hope now was that all this was Zhao Chengjun’s scheme. He was not hurt, or he was hurt but very lightly. Perhaps before long, there would be good news from the military front.

However, Tang Shishi’s fantasy fell through. In the next few days, there was no news from the outside court. Five days later, the messenger came back and said, “The hidden arrow was poisonous. His Majesty is poisoned and has been in a coma these days.”

When Tang Shishi heard the news, she fainted directly.

Tang Shishi did not know how long she had fainted. When she woke up, the maids who had been brought into the palace from the prince’s mansion were all crying in front of her bed. The wet nurse stood not far away with Zhao Zigao in her arms and could not help sighing.