Chapter 40: Catch

Tang Shishi was caught in a dilemma. Zhou Shunhua already entered, should she follow or not?

If she went in, it would inadvertently alert the enemy, and if she left, it would be too easy for Zhou Shunhua. Tang Shishi carefully weighed this matter and tried to figure out the logic of it.

In the bustling New Year's Eve, everyone was celebrating the festive season, but a woman secretly left her seat and got into the troupe's pavilion. What did this mean?

If in the Tang family, no doubt it must be a matter of green hat. However, as the female lead, Zhou Shunhua has a deep relationship with Zhao Zixun, and Zhao Zixun himself was a dignified and handsome man. According to reason, Zhou Shunhua would not have an affair with an actor, ah.

Tang Shishi thought for a while, then suddenly made up her mind. When unable to make a choice, then did not have to make a choice. Regardless of whether she was cheating on him, Tang Shishi would ask someone to clean it out, was not it solved?

Tang Shishi patted her forehead and thought her idea was simply wonderful. She glanced at the Yichun pavilion again and made sure that Zhou Shunhua had really entered. She immediately turned around to find the wrongdoer... Ah no, Tang Shishi was a witness in discovering the historical dark side of the mansion with Zhou Shunhua.

Tang Shishi was afraid that Zhou Shunhua would beat her in time, so she sneaked out when Zhou Shunhua left the gate. She did not dare to go far, as she had to find someone nearby. After turning half a circle, she suddenly heard someone beating a drum and playing a stringed instrument by the water. Tang Shishi was startled slightly and suddenly remembered that there was a dance performance in the playlist that Lu Yufei had drawn up, which seemed to be the Dunhuang's drum dance.

Tang Shishi suddenly became excited, simply Heaven-sent ah! She was worried about who to ask for help and happened to bump into the dancer rehearsing their dance. On one hand, the dancers were all women, and they would not implicate Tang Shishi's reputation. On the other hand, there were many mixed eyes among the dancers. If she really found something, the news will not be able to cover up.

Perfect! Tang Shishi cleared her throat, pretended to walk there by accident, and asked in confusion, "Who is here?"

The dancers who were practicing dancing in the pavilion were startled and stopped altogether, "... Miss Tang?"

Tang Shishi walked through the bushes to the front of the pavilion. She saw the dancers and smiled, "It turns out to be you. I just said, how come I vaguely hear someone playing music here. Are you practicing dancing here?"

The dancers were of low status and have been trembling ever since they entered the mansion. Especially they knew that this was a very favored Miss Tang in the mansion. They heard that Prince Jing was very fond of her. How could the dancers dare to offend Tang Shishi?

They grouped together, the leader of the dancer stepped forward and saluted to Tang Shishi in fear, "Miss Tang, it will be time for us to perform the dance in a while. We were afraid of making a fool of ourselves in front of Wangye, so we gather together and wanted to practice few more times. Sorry to disturb Miss Tang."

"No... I heard the music and came here specifically." Tang Shishi glanced over the trembling dancers and asked, "You wear so little, why don't you practice in the theater, instead of outside?"

The leader of the dancer was embarrassed, "There are seniors in the theater. We have a lot of people, and we need a bigger place, so we have to practice by the water."

Tang Shishi knew that scholars, farmers, artisans, and merchants have their own ways of doing things, and all walks of life have their own rules. Liyuan attached great importance to the honor and seniority of the teachers. These dancers were of low status and did not dare to compete with their predecessors and dare not go to other warmer places to disturb the people in the mansion. So they had to endure the cold and practice dancing by the pool.