Chapter 131: Unsure

5 more chapters to goooo~

What does Zhao Chengjun want to do?

Zhao Zixun also wants to know.

On the day when Zhao Chengjun entered the palace, Zhao Zixun received the news with everyone in the capital. He undoubtedly heaved a sigh of relief when he heard the eunuch's message, but immediately after that, he felt dull.

For such an important matter, Zhao Chengjun should have told him, but Zhao Zixun did not even get a hint. From planning to preparation to execution, he did not participate.

Zhao Zixun did not believe that if Zhao Chengjun had an adult biological son, he would not allow his son to participate in important matters.

Zhao Chengjun is suspicious of him. No matter how nice his words are, no matter how much he has done for Zhao Chengjun, how much loyalty he has shown, Zhao Chengjun still does not believe him.

Zhao Zixun returned to his palace, and the eunuch who was guarding the gate saw him. He ran over, and said in a low voice, "Wangye, His Majesty asked you to go to Qianqing Palace."

Zhao Zixun nodded: "I see."

Zhao Chengjun became the Emperor, Tang Shishi has been canonized as the Empress, but Zhao Zixun's status is still unclear.

On the second day of Zhao Chengjun's succession, Zhao Zixun moved into the Forbidden City with Tang Shishi. Tang Shishi lived in Zhongcui Palace, and after staying there for a month, she moved to her official residence in Kunning Palace. Zhao Zixun lived in Duanjing Palace, and he thought that his residence will be set up soon. Unexpectedly, he waited for three months, but he did not see Zhao Chengjun even acknowledge him as the Crown Prince.

The weather in Jinling is getting warmer day by day, but Zhao Zixun's mood is getting colder day by day. He knew that the imperial decree would probably not come. Zhao Chengjun never thought of passing on the crown to him. He could pass it unto Zhao Zixun before because he was only a prince, but now that he has become the emperor, why would he let an 'outsider' like him wear the crown.

The identity of Zhao Zixun was unclear. The people in the palace didn't know whether Zhao Zixun was the Crown Prince, a Prince, or still a Shizi, so they used 'Wangye' instead. Zhou Shunhua comforted him by telling him that Zhao Chengjun was just busy.

Zhao Zixun smiled after hearing this, but didn't believe it. If he is really busy, why didn't Zhao Chengjun forget to canonize Tang Shishi? If he is really busy, why does he have time to visit Tang Shishi and Zhao Zigao everyday?

After Zhao Zigao entered the palace, there was no canonization, but everyone automatically called Zhao Zigao "His Royal Highness". But with Zhao Zixun, the attitude of the people in the palace was different. They were often hesitant on what to call him, or what they thought his position was.

These people's hesitation felt like they were cutting him with knives.

Zhao Zixun entered Qianqing Palace, and everyone bowed their heads to salute when they saw him. After a while, Liu Ji walked out and smiled at Zhao Zixun: "The Shizi has been waiting for a long time, please come with this old slave."

Zhao Zixun was stung by the "Shizi" in Liu Ji's words. Liu Ji was still smiling, just like when he entered the mansion many years back.

Zhao Chengjun sat on the imperial throne, reading memorials. Zhao Zixun bowed his head and greeted Zhao Chengjun: "Greetings to the emperor."

Zhao Chengjun didn't look up, but finished the paperwork in his hand, and then asked: "Yesterday, did the Shizi Consort come?"

Zhao Zixun looked down at the ground and replied: "Yes."