Chapter 8: Clever

Glossary
[1] Wangye: A respectful way of addressing a Prince

Glossary[1] Wangye: A respectful way of addressing a Prince

Zhao Zixun

After Feng Momo sent Tang Shishi to Prince Jing's mansion, she was about to set off to the capital within a few days.

Feng Momo, a palace maid naturally cannot be considered as someone important, still what matters most was that she was Empress Dowager's trusted aide. Even if Feng Momo was just a servant, she represented the Empress Dowager when she was out of the palace.

Therefore, Zhao Chengjun personally hosted a banquet to send off Feng Momo and her accompanying officials. In addition to a group of officials and ministers from Xiping's prefecture, Shizi Zhao Zixun would also attend.

On the day of the banquet, the mansion was busy from early morning, especially the ten beauties including Tang Shishi, who dressed up carefully and each of them was high in spirit.

Today, they were going to bid farewell to Feng Momo. After Feng Momo returned to the capital, they will stay in Prince Jing's mansion. In the future, the rise and fall of honor and disgrace, the ups and downs of favors, all depend on one's own good fortune.

Tang Shishi also put on her best dress to attend the banquet. Although the ten beauties were sent to serve Prince Jing, no one could really let them do the work of serving others. Just like today's banquet, the maids of the mansion were very busy. Tang Shishi and other beauties stood in line in the main hall and even by just posing, was also considered to have fulfilled their jobs.

Tang Shishi was naturally a well-deserved leader. She stood at the forefront with her waist straight and her chin tucked in slightly, revealing her slender neck and beautiful face just right. She accepted the scrutiny from all directions, and there was no evasive or cowardliness in her expression. From childhood to adulthood, she had long been accustomed to other people's attention to her appearance.

On the contrary, Tang Shishi was thinking about another thing. "Ren Yujun mistakenly poisoned, Zhou Shunhua cleverly solved the puzzle", what does this mean?

Tang Shishi had been contemplating for several nights and could not understand what the "riddle" was about, but at least she could be sure that the next story was related to Ren Yujun and Zhou Shunhua. So, she made up her mind early this morning, no matter what happened next, she would watch Ren Yujun and Zhou Shunhua closely.

With Tang Shishi's literary level, it was not impossible to compete with Zhou Shunhua in quoting classics or solving puzzles. But still, she has to be cruel and determined to cut the source out. Today, no matter what Zhou Shunhua does, she was determined to snatch it away and do not let the female lead appear in front of the crowd.

Halfway through the banquet, a lot were feeling tipsy, several men stood up to sober up. The maids who were serving in the banquet hall were in chaos and did not seem as orderly as they were at the beginning. Tang Shishi was called to go out, and after she left, the other nine women gathered in groups of threes and fives and gossiped, and the formation dispersed shortly.