Chapter 96: Independance

5000 words 😤😤

Tang Shishi suddenly broke out in cold sweat. Tang Shishi knew who put the jade hook, this jade hook that once belonged to Madame Guoyi is one of the treasures of Empress Dowager Yao.

Seeing Tang Shishi's face, the nurse thought she had said something wrong, and she knelt on the ground and trembled: "Wangfei, what's the matter? Is there a problem with this jade hook?"

Tang Shishi squeezed her palm forcefully, forcing herself to wake up. She pretended to be okay, and said: "It's okay, it was me who was careless. I didn't know i put this hook on the child. I was busy with the full moon banquet today, and I forgot it."

After speaking, Tang Shishi said inadvertently: "It's the easiest thing to take care of a child. You don't need to talk to other people about this matter, so as not to create other problems. You should just take care of the child well, and report to me if there are any suspicious objects around him."

The nurse was a woman who was a coward. She was nervous when she first entered Jing Mansion. Now that she heard what Tang Shishi said, she didn't dare to think more. Tang Shishi asked the nurse to bring a brand new swaddle, untied the baby's clothes, and checked it inside and out. Fortunately, nothing else was found this time. Except for a jade hook hung on the baby, there were no traces of red dots or marks on the child's body. Tang Shishi breathed a long sigh of relief and asked the nurse to change Zhao Zigao into new clothes.

Although Tang Shishi's movements was light, Zhao Zigao still awakened. He kicked his legs, closed his eyes and cried, Tang Shishi quickly leaned over and patted him lightly: "Mother is here, don't cry, continue to sleep."

He seemed to recognize his mother's voice and sobbed for a while but his voice slowly lowered. Tang Shishi still patted patiently, softly coaxing him to sleep.

Zhao Zigao's crying gradually stopped, his mouth half-opened, and he fell asleep again. Tang Shishi sat for a long time, and when she saw that he was no longer moving, she motioned for the nurse to come over to take care of Zhao Zigao.

The nurse took the place of Tang Shishi and gently fanned the child. Tang Shishi walked around the room and saw that the flowers outside were cut to pieces, and asked, "What's the matter?"

The nurse looked up and said, "The people from the garden just came to trim the branches and leaves. She said that the little junwang is very delicate and tends to attract mosquitoes, so she cut all the flowers and plants outside."

Tang Shishi gave a soft "Oh", paused, and said, "They are cut too rough. Such a shape makes it look like it was gnawed by a dog. Who made the trimming? She should have asked me first."

The nurse thought for a while, and said: "A woman surnamed Wu."

Of course Tang Shishi knew who it was. She asked the nurse to continue to look at the child, and went to the inner room by herself, and asked Granny Wu to come over for questioning.

Granny Wu came over soon. She lowered her eyes and knelt down to salute Tang Shishi: "See the princess."

"Don't do that, I'm just wanna ask something." Tang Shishi asked Granny Wu to get up, pretending to ask some questions about trimming flowers and plants, and Granny Wu answered them one by one. Tang Shishi said: "This yard that Zigao lives in used to be uninhabited. Seeing that the weather is getting hot, there are more and more insects. His skin is tender and can't stand the bites of insects. Come with me and I will show you where to trim it."

Granny Wu respectfully bound her hands: "Yes."

Tang Shishi stood up, and the maids wanted to accompany her. Tang Shishi waved her hand and said, "I'll just go to the yard. There are not so many people. Don't follow me."