Chapter 16: Shizi Consort

Glossary:
[1] Duobao Pavilion- A type of shelf used to store antiques

Glossary:[1] Duobao Pavilion- A type of shelf used to store antiques

Xin Yuchu

In August, the sky was clear, and the air was fresh, and the vegetation was lush. Even though it was early in the morning, Prince Jing Mansion was full of excitement.

Since then, the side door of Prince Jing's mansion has never been quiet. Carriages drove into the second gate one by one. The well-dressed madams got out of the carriages, and they all smiled when they met other familiar madams they knew. They all smile and greet each other warmly. Young and beautiful ladies followed behind their mothers, smiling without showing their teeth, and walking without showing their feet. At a glance, they were as beautiful as flowers.

It was really colorful and beautiful. Everyone that present today, whether it was a madam or a young lady, knew today was an extraordinary day. The banquet hosted by Prince Jing was called the flower appreciation banquet, but in fact, it was to pick out a Shizi Consort.

All the mansions in Xiping were in excitement because to be able to be in-laws with Prince Jing was exactly what everyone has been looking forward to. The madams of every family even put extra effort to dress up their daughters so that their hair was exquisite, and they were determined to fight a way out among all the women.

Many ladies have already arrived, the garden was bustling with noise and excitement and full of beauties. Tang Shishi and others who served as the facade sent by the Empress Dowager, would also attend this kind of occasion.

Tang Shishi was sitting in the pavilion, watching the young delicate ladies behind the bushes talking and laughing softly, taking their fans and flapping at the butterflies. Feng Qian approached from outside, coughed, and gently sat down beside Tang Shishi, "Sister Tang, everyone else is outside enjoying the flowers, why are you hiding here alone?"

Tang Shishi glanced at Feng Qian quietly and said, "I'm tired of walking, so I'm resting here. What about you, why don't you play with them?"

"I would have to catch my breath already after just taken two steps with my body like this. How can I go play with other people? It's just a disappointment." Feng Qian covered her mouth with a handkerchief and coughed softly and with a pair of slender eyes slowly looked at Tang Shishi, "Sister Tang, today I heard that there many matters involved behind this flower appreciation banquet?"

Tang Shishi knew that Feng Qian had already figure it out, she smiled, and ignored Feng Qian's question, "Prince Jing is brilliant and powerful. Naturally, the banquet hosted by Wangye involved many other matters as well."

Feng Qian lowered her eyes, pressed the corner of her lips with her handkerchief, and said slowly, "I heard that it was Wangye's intention for Shizi to choose a Shizi Consort. This flower viewing banquet is used to selcted the future Shizi Consort. I think we'll have a few more mistress after the banquet ended."