Chapter 38: New Year's Eve

When Tang Shishi heard Zhao Zixun's return, she hesitated for a moment and immediately made up her mind. A wife was worse than a concubine, a concubine was worse than stealing, and stealing was worse than not stealing. Tang Shishi understood the virtues of men too well.

She could stay with Lu Yufei and chit-chat, and she could meet Zhao Zixun at close distance, but this was too painstaking to be inferior. It was better to leave a stunning face to Zhao Zixun, and then turned around and left.

Men, what they could not get was the best.

Tang Shishi was like a feather, disturbed the water surface, and then drifted away. She did not know how many fluctuations she has caused to the people in the room. Tang Shishi had already left, and Zhao Zixun seemed to be stuck with the scene just now.

Tang Shishi was dressed in a heavy red cloak, with white fur around her neck. Her arms and ears were surrounded by furry protective gear. She looked grand and noble, and the whole room seemed to light up. As soon as Zhao Zixun entered the gate, he stood not far from the main entrance and when Tang Shishi came out, she inevitably had to pass by Zhao Zixun.

When Tang Shishi passed by Zhao Zixun's side, she bowed her head slightly, and the fine bead flowers headdress on her hair temples trembled. Zhao Zixun could smell the light fragrance of Tang Shishi, but before Zhao Zixun could catch on the fragrance, Tang Shishi had already opened the curtain, and the cold wind swept in causing the fragrance to immediately blown away.

Tang Shishi and Zhao Zixun's brief encounter was like passing in a flash and never staying for a fraction. After Tang Shishi left, Zhao Zixun stood in the same place and was unable to recover for a long time.

Lu Yufei was talking to Zhao Zixun and rattling a lot. Seeing that Zhao Zixun did not respond, she could not help but asked, "Shizi?"

Zhao Zixun suddenly regained his senses and smiled at Lu Yufei, "What's the matter?"

Lu Yufei sighed, and smiled, "It's nothing, I thought that Shizi was distracted just now. Shizi, why did you come back so early today?"

No matter how magnanimous Lu Yufei was, she would never call a female guest to come over when Zhao Zixun was at home, and what more, that woman was still about the same age as Zhao Zixun. Zhao Zixun came back suddenly and really caught her by surprise.

Zhao Zixun said, "The discussion with father ended early, so I came back first." After that, Zhao Zixun asked casually, "Why is Tang Shishi here?"

"Oh, Miss Tang." Lu Yufei explained, "I've invited Miss Tang to help advise me with the banquet, but I didn't expect Shizi to come back suddenly. When Miss Tang heard the maid's report, she immediately stood up and said she wanted to leave. Fortunately, we've finished our discussion and it's not in the way."

She immediately left after knowing that he was back. Zhao Zixun was slowly pondering in his heart while stretching out his hand and letting the maid help him to remove the cold protection gears. He was too busy thinking in his own world and did not pay attention. When he finally lowered his head, he realized Zhou Shunhua was there.

Zhao Zixun was taken aback for a while, "It's you?"

Zhou Shunhua smiled and saluted Zhao Zixun, and personally took off Zhao Zixun's coat, "I'll serve Shizi to take his clothes off. Shizi, the doorway is cold, let's go inside and rest."

Lu Yufei has been holding the handwarmer, standing on one side watching from a distance. In her opinion, these things were normally done by the maids. She was a legitimate wife, responsible for the ancestral shrine sacrifices and family inheritance. How can she do such trivial things as taking off clothes? Lu Yufei waited arrogantly and did not anticipate that Zhou Shunhua unexpectedly would personally help Zhao Zixun to change clothes, and even flirted with Zhao Zixun.