Chapter 71: Return

Zhao Zixun's questioning tone was too obvious, Lu Yufei was shocked when she was asked like that, and grieved spontaneously, "Shizi, are you blaming me? Tang Shishi and Wangye's relationship are unclear. We, as the younger generation, it's already hard for us to interfere in their affairs. I don't want Shizi and Wangye to have a rift, so I shamelessly invited Madam Xi. When Madam Xi comes forward, even if Wangye is unhappy when he comes back, he will not be angry with Shizi. I do all this for the sake of Shizi!"

Lu Yufei shed tears as she thought of her suffering during this period. Zhao Zixun did not expect that when he just asked a question, Lu Yufei would actually cry. Zhao Zixun felt even more disgusting in his heart. He suppressed his impatience and said, "I know you mean well, but I don't like others to make their own decisions. I have already told you before to have less interaction with the Xi family. Now you've called Madam Xi again. How can the Xi family not misunderstand? What's more, no matter what happened to Tang Shishi, this is the internal affairs of the mansion. You called Madam Xi this time, should you inform Madam Xi if anything happens in the mansion next time? In the long run, what prestige does the prince's mansion have?"

Lu Yufei lowered her head to wipe her tears. She was emotionally upset just now and felt that she had been wronged by a great deal. Now, after hearing Zhao Zixun's reprimand, she was surprised that Zhao Zixun was right. She called Madam Xi this time for the sake of making things easy. In the future, would not Madam Xi have more reasons to point fingers at the prince's mansion? Lu Yufei just realized that she was only showing weakness to the Xi family by doing this. Xi Yunchu had not even entered the mansion yet already like this. What would happen after Xi Yunchu became Wangfei?

This head could not be turned on. Lu Yufei finally reacted and said in a hurry, "It was me who thought wrongly. However, I've sent the invitation to the Xi family at noon and invited Madam Xi to come to the mansion tomorrow. It's been all afternoon, and the invitation must have been delivered over. What should I do?"

Seeing that Lu Yufei understood, Zhao Zixun eased his tone and said, "Early tomorrow morning, you should send someone to send a message to Madam Xi without delay. Apologize properly to Madam Xi so that Madam Xi doesn't have to leave home, then this matter will be turned over. They don't dare to be too arrogant if the Xi family want to be favored by the prince's mansion."

Lu Yufei quickly nodded and said with a look of admiration, "Shizi, thank you. Shizi is really resourceful and thoughtful. I have been taught."

No man could resist a woman's flattery, even a woman whom he did not like. Zhao Zixun looked a little better. He thought to himself that he might have been too harsh on Lu Yufei just now. What insights could a woman have when they stayed in the mansion all day. He took the authority of decision-making of major events into his own hands. As for trivial matters, he left it to them to toss around.

Zhao Zixun said, "It's good that you understand. In the future, except for managing the household, don't intervene in anything else. You can go back."

"Yes." Lu Yufei bowed and flattered, "I will certainly send a letter to Madam Xi early tomorrow morning. Shizi can rest assured."

Early the next morning, Lu Yufei deliberately woke up early and went to write a letter to Madam Xi as soon as she got her hair done. After all, Xi Yunchu wanted to marry into the mansion and become the Wangfei, and Lu Yufei did not dare to offend the Xi family too much. She deleted and subtracted, and after considering it for a long time, she finally finalized the draft.

Lu Yufei breathed a sigh of relief, took a piece of exquisite letterhead, and copied the letter neatly. After she finished writing, Lu Yufei was relieved. As soon as she stuffed the letter into the envelope, she heard the maids rushing in to inform her, "Shizifei, Madam Xi and the second young lady Xi are here."