Unexpecting

Remember, this is a prequel book.

She'd been vomiting for weeks after.

The moment they landed back home from the graveyard where her brother lay in death, the female half of the Dark couple had no time to relish in their lavish home before she bolted upstairs and emptied out the contents of her stomach. Voldemort set Nagini, draped around his neck, down from his neck lovingly and followed after her. Bella sat on the bathroom floor staring straight ahead.

"Of all gruesome things" Voldemort couldn't help but choose to make light of it. "you have done, that is the thing that tips you over the edge? You went grave robbing with the werewolf four months ago" He sat next to her, an amused smile ghosting his lips.

"He went grave robbing, I kept guard" Bella argued back with no energy. "I'm happy being the reason people are in there, i'm not digging them back up' She slowly stood up with the assisted help of Him and alert the bathroom, the two of them playfully bickering over the matter, not letting her stomach ease up.

That had been three weeks ago and she was still throwing up. She was leaning over the toilet bowl debating on ending it all when her arm stung as the tattoo hissed black. Voldemort calls rang through her head. Her eyes half closed drifted towards her left arm, a groan escaping her lips while her brain began cussing out her husband. Bella slowly stood on shaky legs and limped out of the bathroom, holding on her stomach tightly. Narcissa, now almost four months pregnant and nothing to show for it, was downstairs in the lounge, calmly waiting on her big sister to join her. "Cissa" Bella managed to call out, nausea bubbling up and forcing her to pause.  Leaning over the banister, the elder of the two spotted the younger's head poking out of the doorframe. "We need to go"  She waved her left arm. Narcissa blinked at the sight of her sister. Bella's hair was untamed, wild as a unicorn, her dress was stained and old and she wore no shoes on her feet.

"You look.." Narcissa hesitated. Bella waved her hand a couple of times, her body screaming with the effort, and her hair was pulled back, dress transfigured and flat shoes summoned. Her feet ached and complained. "Okay" Narcissa just sighed. She made a move towards the fire place but stopped and watched her sister drag her feet and move like a zombie. "Bella are you okay?" She asked, voice laid with concern. Bella didn't look at her, instead rummaging around for her wand, making a noise that connoted 'yeah leave me alone'.

"We need to apparate" Bella muttered.

"I can't apparate Bella, It's bad for the baby"

"Who said that!?"

"Andromeda"

"Oh what does she know"

"She's a merlin-damn nurse, Bella"

"Fine you floo I'll apparate"

"You look like you're on deaths door get in the fire place"

"You look- Agh"

In the midst of the conversation, Narcissa had slowly made her way up the stairs to her sister and proceeded to gently push her back downstairs. Bella grunted with effort as her sisters hands planted themselves on her back and began pushing. The older just let herself be guided into the fireplace and squeezed her eyes shut as the fire turned green and the scenery changed from her lounge room to the Malfoy Meeting Room, which was full of the other Death Eaters. Bella smiled though it came out like a wince and slowly began walking to her chair.

"Still feeling sick?" Her husband asked quietly as soon as she was seated. Bella clenched her jaw, unable to meet his eye and nodded. Voldemort cursed under his breath and stood abruptly. "My wife and I have a matter of discussion to attend to. Severus will conduct today's agenda' He gestured to the professor sitting on his left and turned so that his cloak swooshed around him and billowed as he walked out of the room dramatically. It lasted for two second before he poked his head back in. "Bellatrix" He called her over. Bella let out a big long sigh/ half groan and began trudging her way out of the door. The nausea had faded slightly now but she felt like being as dramatic as her other half.

"What?" She rubbed at her forehead and sighed again when the large door shut behind her. Voldemort looked at her seriously.

"Bella"

"Tommy"

"Don't call me Tommy, Trixie"

"Marvin"

"Where the hell did that come from?"

"Marvolo."

"Oh, Stop it"

Bella laughed slightly at the exasperated expression on her husbands face and lent against the wall. "What is the 'matter of discussion'?" She questioned through half closed eyes. Voldemort narrowed his eyes, taking in the sight of his ill wife.

'When was your last cycle?' He asked quietly. Bella's eyes popped open.

"What?" She asked incredulously, her body went rigid, and her eyes scanned the floor mimicking the rapid thoughts flooding her brain. 'Why it was...well it was..." Her voice faded with an exhale of breath as Bella realised her period hadn't arrived in the past two months. She chalked it up to the Horcrux ceremony, her body had been stressed after all, and not given another thought. Then this month, her magic and potions healed her body the best she could, her period should have returned and judging by her calculations...it should've arrived on the 7th. It was the 21. "Voldemort." Her voice was flat, her emotions given away by her heaving chest. Bella's brain was running 100 miles at minute at the implication. Her husband fell silent in the seconds it took to calculate her cycle, left hand fiddling with his wand, deep in thought.

"I know a spell" He spoke at last, voice as low as hers.

Bellatrix ripped her gaze away from him, licked her lips and swallowed thickly. 'Course you do' She muttered, her stomach threatening to bubble over with nausea again, this time for a totally different reason. Inside the room, the Death Eaters grew louder and more restless as they were given their tasks and missions. One of them was supposed to organise a village raid today, She forgets where and when now. The Dark Couple turned their attention on the foreboding doors and silently, without communicating, turned away towards the manor grand stairs. Voldemort led, Bellatrix behind him, up towards a random bedroom in her sisters home and shut the door behind her. "Get it over with." Bella demanded through gritted teeth. "Then we'll talk about the next steps."

He nodded, taking a deep breath, and pointed his wand towards her. " Graviditas Nito" He muttered, watching as the white light shot out of the tip of his wand, wrap around her stomach. Nothing happened for a few seconds, until the light darkened into a lime green hue. Bellatrix pulled a confused face at the display, looking at him for some clarity. His face told her everything.

She was pregnant.

Non of this "oh i had to ruin the plot by giving them a pregnancy". this is a prequel book, i won't put who the child is for first time readers but those of you who know 😏