Catharsis

TW : Domestic Abuse

"Narcissa. Do you know what you are asking of me?" Lucius stared at his wife across the small informal dining table with wide eyes.

Narcissa shrugged and shoved her fork into her mouth. She chewed the food quickly and drank a swig of water before she answered him. "Lu, I need you to do this" She said, pushing her fork around on her plate.

Lucius threw his cutlery down in response. "Darling" He started softly. Narcissa looked up at him through her eyelashes. "You are asking me..to speak to the Dark Lord" He clasped he's hands together. Narcissa arched an eyebrow and nodded. "To convince him to pursue your married sister" He emphasised the word and caused an eye roll from his wife.

"Yes"

"I need more than that"

"Bellatrix is in love with him" Narcissa sighed and brushed a piece of hair behind her ear. "He has feelings for her, you know that much, you saw that much"

"That still doesn't explain why I'm getting involved" He sighed.

Narcissa let out a choked laugh. "I'm not gonna do it" She cried. "I'm not going to speak to him of people about his love life!"

"So I am?" Lucius waved his hands around. Narcissa smiled and nodded.

"Yes" She went right back to eating. "Because you love me"

Lucius smiled gently at her and picked up his cutlery once more. "Yes" He said and they shared a fond look. "In spite of your conniving ways"

She playfully flicked her fork and sent a small portion of her Lunch flying his way.

Later that day saw Lucius standing outside of the Dark Lord's Office - his fathers old office- wringing his hands and silently cursing his young wife. He raised his fist to knock but then let his arm flop at his side. He repeated the process three more times.

"Malfoy" A muffled voice came from in the room. "Just come in already!" He ordered and Lucius gulped. He straightened his robes, upheld his posture and threw the door open.

"My Lord" He bowed.

"Lucius." A pause. "To what do I owe the pleasure? You have no missions to report. Unless something has happened?"

"No, Sir" Lucius spoke nervously but quickly. "Nothing has happened." Yet. Lucius thought grimly.

"Well that's disappointing" Voldemort sighed. "I'm rather bored." He rolled his head to look up at a bemused Lucius. "It's boring in here"

"I don't doubt that." Lucius smiled then. "My Lord..."

"Malfoy?"

"My wife wished me to speak to you" He cleared his throat awkwardly. Voldemort pulled a face and jerked back. "Over a personal matter"

"I am not getting involved in anyone's sex life" Voldemort shook his head and Lucius went red. He had fleeting thoughts over how the Dark Lord was acting and thought it strange.

The most feared man in Wizarding Britain is just that. A man.

It's strange.

"Uh. No sir" He sat down hastily. "I mean regarding your personal life"

"I'm sorry?" Voldemort's voice was low.

"It was my wife's idea I had nothing to do with it" Lucius quickly affirmed and then paled. "I mean. She asked me and I agreed. Please don't punish her, oh gods"