Sister's Talk

I've started watching the vampire diaries during quarantine and I love Damon so much and I'm only on like idk episode 6. He's such a little shit.

As Bella became undone in front of him and sobbed for the second time in their short dalliance, Voldemort just watched her. He didn't say a thing, convinced himself he was angry at her for hindering his chances with Dumbledore. When she began fumbling over her words and taking large breaths, however, he threw his hands up in defeat, sighed dramatically and wrapped his arms around her waist and placed his chin on her head, smirking to himself at their height difference. She calmed instantly at the motion, reduced herself to sniffles and played with the collar of his robe.

"If anyone were to see us now" She chuckled dryly and slowly pulled away. Voldemort froze for half a second in shock and he practically pushed her away. Bella laughed despite herself as he put distance between them and wrung his hands together. She shivered then as a powerful February wind invaded her personal space. He tilted his head towards her sister's front door and, Bella didn't even hesitate, together they walked in to the warmth. "Dobby!" Bella called immediately, sneering at the quivering house elf.

"How May Dobby assist?" Dobby asked, cowering under the Dark couples gazes.

"Bring tea up to the study" Voldemort ordered. "One cup for each of us"

"Inform the Malfoys we are here" Bellatrix added on and shooed the creature away. Voldemort sauntered on up the stairs and along the corridors of the massive house with Bellatrix trailing on his heels. They arrived at the office fairly quickly and walked in to find the tea already sitting there on a cart. "Efficient" Voldemort commented. "Shame it's so cowardly.. and disgusting." Bellatrix hummed in agreement as she pushed past him, he was standing in the doorway, and got to work pouring it out while he sat and read over a piece of paper left out for him. Bella eyed him as she dropped two sugar cubes in one mug and three in another.

"My sister is suspicious of us" She broke the silence that had settled over them. Voldemort looked at her with a raised eyebrow. Bellatrix consciously left out the fact Hannah figured it out after half an hour.

"I'm aware" He sighed and grabbed the cup with two sugars in. Bellatrix rolled eyes as she sat down. "You said this the other night while I was-"

"What should I tell her?" She interrupted abruptly and nervously, sipping the tea. Voldemort studied her.

"Can you trust her?" He asked, somewhat harshly.

"She's my sister, Voldemort" Bella replied quietly. She didn't look at him. He smirked at her. His name still tasted funny in her mouth and she developed a habit of refusing to look at him whenever she found the courage to say it, which was very rare,

and he found it terribly amusing.

In truth, he didn't know why he allowed her to say it. If he wanted to lie to himself, he would say that it was in the heat of the moment they had shared a few nights previous while lying in his bed. Voldemort didn't want to admit that it's because of his developing feelings of fondness towards the witch that he allowed her to use his name that he made for himself. It was something else entirely that allowed her to use his given name, something that he would never allow himself to admit. She never used it though, for that he was extremely thankful, but deep down he knew there was something in him that wanted her to say "Tom" just once. Just so he can hear it, really. His ego most likely, that normally got him in sticky situations.

"That doesn't answer my question" He said mockingly. Bellatrix let her eyes drift to her tea and let herself wander deep in thought. Another silence settled over them, then but it wasn't awkward. It also didn't last for very long as Bella shifted in her seat and made the paper bag in her robe pocket rustle loudly, attracting both their attention. Voldemort sat up straighter with a start when she produced the same bag he had given her that very morning. He looked at her with a stern gaze and she sighed.