Next Steps

"In conclusion" Dumbeldore's booming voice rang out on the wireless Voldemort had set up in the Malfoy Manor. "I have reason to believe that not only is Bellatrix Black-LeStrange a Death Eater but she is also involved with Lord Voldemort, himself, in a intimate manner as well."

The Death Eaters sat around the table began muttering and shooting looks towards their leaders. Voldemort punched the table and rubbed his face while Bella bit the inside of her cheek, scared tears ready to fall. Eugenia Jenkins' voice spoke next.

"Bellatrix Black-LeStrange is now Undesirable Number One." She said and Narcissa openly sobbed. "Do not approach the woman, she may be highly dangerous. If anybody has any information on her whereabouts, please inform the Ministry at once"

"Confringo!" Voldemort yelled suddenly, blasting the wireless into smithereens. Moments of silenced passed as he breathed heavily. "I think it goes without saying that nobody will be doing that" He snarled and everybody answered in the negative.

"Is it true?" Greyback asked. "Are you two.." He waved his hands in their general direction.

They shared a look and Bella rolled her eyes. "Yes" She hissed at the werewolf. "We are involved" She spat. Voldemort put his hand on top of hers, unable to figure out an argument.  Another round of silence as people struggled for a response to that. "Voldemort, what are going to do?" She asked desperately, both ignored the gasps at his name. Rodolphus grumbled under his breath. Voldemort turned his attention onto the Malfoy's.

"Skeeter said you sent a letter into the Ministry." He stated, pointing a finger at Narcissa. "They'll be checking here first"

"Bellatrix ran as soon as word got out." Narcissa replied in a monotone voice. "Lucius and I had no idea and are disgusted to be associated with her. "

"I'll fake an injury" Lucius replied in the same tone of voice. "Say Bellatrix attacked me on her way out."

"My Lord" Narcissa said. "I've been covering for Bella since we were children, I have a whole library of excuses and scenarios locked up"

Bellatrix didn't know whether to be proud of that or not.

"Dumbledore knows you were there" Bella said quietly.

"Then we'll deal with that when we need to" Lucius told her. "His attention isn't on us right now otherwise he'd have said something."

Voldemort nodded at him and then turned the other way.

"LeStrange" Voldemort barked. "Release a statement. You also had no idea, but they'll search you harder because of the accusations. Figure it out"

"Yes, Sir" He bowed his head.

"Black, Rosier" He called. "You were also at your aunts birthday meal. They'll question you. Figure something out and tell Cygnus and Orion the same."

"What about me?" Bellatrix asked, lips trembling.

"You'll go into hiding" He ordered. "They have no idea where we live. You'll have to stay there"

"I can't sit back and do nothing!" She argued.

Voldemort slammed his hand on the table. "I can't have you be arrested and thrown in prison!" He yelled. "I won't allow it! Dumbledore will not get to you, Bella!" He furiously knocked his water goblet over, hitting Snape,  and rubbed his forehead.

Bella stood and walked the very short distance to his seat. Glancing around at the frightened faces of her colleagues, she leaned down to whisper in his ear. "Tom" She stated firmly. "It's not going to happen." She wrapped her arms around his neck and bent over him. Trying (and failing) not to take immense satisfaction at the discomfort some of the Death Eaters, particularly Rabastian and Rodolphus(very amusing), showed, Bella tightened her arms once and moved to let go. Voldemort had other plans, however, and stopped her. She complied and agreed to stay stood next to him for the rest of the meeting. Narcissa had hints of a smile on her face, Rodolphus was openly snarling the pair of them.