Next Steps

TW : mentions of abortion

this chapter and it's comments are not the place for you to share your opinion and arguments on what women choose the path that's best for them. I will delete and block you.

Bella never saw herself becoming a mother.

Instead she chose to become a warrior and soldier and it wasn't surprising either, considering what a terrible mother Druella was. The thought of having a child was daunting enough but She feared she'd become like her own mother so when her Ex husband suggested that they should try for children 'to carry on the name LeStrange', she refused. Furthermore,  when she married Voldemort and he said he wanted no kids, she couldn't have been more relieved and agreeable. But now... now it's happening.

and it scared her to hell and back.

The last thing she wanted was to become like her mother. But yet, She isn't like her sisters, there is not a maternal bone in her body.

Voldemort wasn't fairing much better at the news. The Man looked like he wanted the ground to swallow him whole. Him? a father? this has got to be a practical joke.

Dumbledore would stop at nothing. He knew that the child would always be in danger, right from the second they were born, if they were born that is. The muggles have a particular method of termination, the potions would be less risky though.

But would Bella go for it?

As if reading his thoughts (She couldn't harness that particular magic but never needs it. She always knows what he's thinking) a soft "no" broke the silence the Couple settled into. Voldemort didn't press, just moved on. Bellatrix couldn't stomach the thought, literally, to know something physical was ripped away from her like that. She couldn't do it, it left a bitter taste in her mouth.

He felt her magic going restless, writhing within him, reflecting her wild anxiety and emotions sparking up. It wants to return to her fully and soothe her, make her whole again.

She'll never be whole again, he thought distantly with irony. Her soul was split into a ring currently buried with her brother.

"I'm pregnant" She finally spoke after a beat of silence.

" I can see the headlines now" Voldemort muttered. "The Dark Couple have an Evil Heir"

Bellatrix shook her head violently. "We can't." She said with clarity and finality. "We can't" She repeated, her voice quieter, defeated.

"Bella" Voldemort sat down on the bed, pulling her next to him. "What do you want to do?"

Bella shrugged.

"Narcissa's pregnant too" She began, hesitantly. "What if we-"

"She's four months pregnant, you're at maximum two"

"She'll just say it's sick or something"

"No one would believe that, especially if a random baby pops up after their son is born" Voldemort shot the idea down. If a child sired by him was going to be brought into this world, he wasn't going to abandon it like his father did him. Bellatrix looked at his face, he refused to meet her eyes.

"You want to keep it?" She asked, chin wobbling.

Her husband sighed and finally met her eye "My father abandoned me. I just don't think-"

"Okay" Bellatrix managed a small smile. "I guess we are doing this"

......

..............

.............................

"This is weird"

"Telling me"

Bella flopped down on the spare bad, hands pressed over her flat stomach. "What do we tell the others?" She asked quietly, voice full of dread. "Dumbledore-"

"Will never get near you now" He said harshly, eyed and face hardened with a sudden renewed protective vigour. "We'll tell your sister and Lucius, maybe snape"

"Why Snape?" Bella propped herself up on her elbows, a glare set in her features.

"He's my second trusted" Voldemort shrugged. "I mean they're all gonna find out eventually"

Bella rolled her eyes and pushed herself off of the bed. "I don't wanna go back to the meeting" She mumbled, dread suddenly filling her insides and nailing her to the floor. Her entire body felt heavy and her heart pounded at the thought.

"I'll send your sister up" He nodded, similar feelings revolting against him but knowing he had to push through if she couldn't. That's how they work after all, they both can't afford to crumble.

Especially not now.

He swept out of the room with a reassuring gesture and not three minutes passed before a mop of half blonde half's black hair poked her head into the room and disrupted the elder sisters pacing.

"Bella?" She asked sincerely, pushing herself and her tiny, barely noticeable, rounding stomach into the room. Bella's eyes immediately zeroed in on the stomach and breathed a long breath in.

She met her sisters concerned gaze and pointed to the bed. "Sit" She cleared her horse throat. "I-" Narcissa raised her eyebrow and scanned her eyes over her sisters oddly fidgeting frame.

Then her eyes widened.

"No" Mrs Malfoy's mouth fell agap with the corners edging dangerously into a seretonin filled grin. Bella's thumb went to her mouth and her teeth gripped at the nail. "No WAY" Narcissa practically shrieked, speed walking the short distance to her sister. "Are you?" Her hand came to ghost over Bella's torso in lieu of a question. Bella's lips squeezed into a small smile and her shoulders jumped up.

"Yeah" She said, quite breathlessly. Narcissa screamed something incredibly incoherent and wrapped her arms around her. "you're happy for me?" Bella asked, surprised. Her sisters (both of them) hated the thought of her second marriage and she would've figured that a baby of all things would've been disastrous news.

"uh obviously" Narcissa laughed, pulling away to reveal her eyes glistening with happy tears. "This is good news? isn't it?"

"ugh" Bella looked away. "I don't know, Cissy"

Narcissa, quite wisely in my opinion, did not press further, sensing it wasn't a discussion for that moment, and instead grabbed her sisters hand. "Who else knows? Does Andi?"

"No one does, I found out 30 minutes ago" Bella sat on the bed, pulling Narcissa with her. A

house elf apparated in the room in that split second to provide his mistress with pumpkin juice and some potion. Narcissa thanked, distractedly looking at the clock on the side table, then proceeding to swig it in one gulp and washing it down with the juice.

"Blergh" She grimaced when she was done, the house elf gone as quickly as it came. "It's to help with morning sickness" She stated, seeing her sisters quizzical look. "I'll get you the recipe" The Witch patted her sisters knee with a conspiring grin, fully having the time of her life.

Bella's breath left her nose quickly in the form of a laugh and her eyebrows raised in acknowledgment

"How are you going to tell Andi?"

i'm most productive when i have shit to do.
I have an university essay due at midnight tomorrow and just wrote this instead.