Late Night

He found her, hours later, sitting on the porch swing deep in thought. It was late into the night, both of them had settled into bed happily and worn out but a few hours had passed and he woke to an empty, cold bed. He searched the manor vigorously and finally decided to check outside for his fiancée before he called all the Death Eaters together for a search and rescue mission.

He stepped outside to be met with harsh winds, biting rain and his Fiancée sitting calmly on the swing, knees tucked to her chest, wearing one of his button up shirts and leggings.

"The cheek..." He heard her mutter to herself. "I fuckin hate.."

"Bella?" He questioned. She tensed up and slowly turned her head towards him.

"Sorry" Bella muttered. She turned back to watch as the waves crash into the rocks in the distance without another word. Voldemort frowned and Summoned a blanket. He walked over to her silently and wrapped it around her.

"What are you doing out here?"

"Thinking" She shrugged.

"About what?"

"About what my mother said."

He ran a hand through his hair. "Bella, don't let her to you" Voldemort rolled his eyes.

Bellatrix just blinked at him. "She said I'm not good enough" She stated without emotion.

"You wouldn't be wearing my ring on your left hand nor my mark on your left arm" He stated just as thunder clapped in the distance. She flexed her left arm in response and wiggled the fingers attached. "How could she say that to you and act like everything was hunky-dory?!" His voice had become more playful as he seated next to her. Bella barely looked at him. "See, there I go again, spouting stupid words I never thought I'd say!" He scowled and this time she laughed.

"I don't want to wait to get Married" Bellatrix suddenly announced after her laughter settled. His humour faded and he grew serious.

"Then we won't" He tightened the blanket around her. "There doesn't need to even be a ceremony. We'll just sign whatever Rookwood can get for us from the Ministry"

Bella shook her head slowly.

"What do you think about..the Ancient Vows?" She asked quietly.

The Ancient Vows were the medieval methods of ensuring a marriage was magically linked. The two parties could never divorce or separate from each other or their magic could suffer greatly. The bonds made strengthened their connection as spouses, their magic and them as a whole. It went out of fashion sometime in the Victorian Era but there is some marriages that are connected in that way- rare but they are there all the same.  It takes a powerful person and a complicated ceremony to administer them.

The only way the Ancient Vows could be severed was quite literally "death do us part". Once one party dies the Ancient Vows are all but released. The different deaths result in different endings. Old age and natural causes severed the Ancient Vows completely. Other causes such as murder or accidental deaths only half severe them as the other spouse still alive will have their magic suffer greatly. However the death, though, the remaining party will feel intense sadness and incomplete; a depression like state of you will. This poses quite a problem for Voldemort as you might well have deduced by now because he simply cannot die. Not really. By now he has at least 4 (The Cup, Diary, Diadem and Locket) reasons as to why he won't and is currently on a mission for his fifth (and in his mind final) final reason. The Gaunt Ring.

"Then we'll have to plan a ceremony" Voldemort whined. "Let's get your sister to do it"

"Let's not" Bella scrunched up her nose. "Would not be wearing another white or worse PINK wedding dress"