Awkward Meetings

Another night passed which the Dark Couple spent feeling sorry for themselves and the LeStrange couple sat down to breakfast one Sunday morning. Not even 5 minutes in, Bellatrix dropped her toast and grimaced when her arm burned. She was in the middle of refusing to go when she saw Rodolphus (having taken a rather strong Healing Draught for his nose) hiss in pain from across the table. She groaned in annoyance and slowly stood.

"Kreacher!" She barked, summoning her cloak. She stared down at the house elf. "When I return, I want a fresh teapot" She ordered.

"Yes Mistress" Kreacher quivered. "Anything Kreacher can do for Master?" He asked. His answer came in the form of a glare and he disappeared at once.

"Let's get this bullshit over with" Bellatrix muttered, grasping onto her husbands arm for a Side-along apparition. When they arrived at the Malfoy Manor (Bellatrix decided that she needed time away from her sister after tonight) she flexed her small finger with a huff, it was still slightly sore. They sauntered into the meeting room and found they were actually last to arrive. Bellatrix sneered at every individual as she went and sat at the Right hand.

No sooner than she sat down, the doors burst open and in stormed Voldemort, looking way more put together than the previous night. His hair was styled back, his clothes/robes were pristine and black in colour and his face was stoic and there were no traces of his previous appearance. All the Death Eaters averted their eyes but not Bellatrix. She couldn't stop staring at him and he refused to look at her. The only time she looked away was when she had to blink away the tears that threatened to fall at seeing him. She was still angry and adrenaline coursed through her when she saw him the previous night : they both faded leaving nothing but hurt.

"Listen up!" He barked. "There's going to be a new seating plan" He announces rather like a frustrated teacher.

Bella's head darted up. Surely he isn't going to refigure the entire operation because of what happened? Because of her? Her heart fell into her stomach as she mulled the idea over and she toyed with the ring on her right hand. The one he gave her on Yuletide. She fought the urge to yell and She forced herself to stop twisting the ring around her finger and bunched her skirts in her hand instead, biting her tongue. He finally looked at her then as he movements were sudden and quite distracting.

They locked eyes and Bellatrix felt that he could hear her heart beating, She took a deep breath and merely raised an eyebrow. His eyes flickered to her lips and unconsciously licked his own. Someone- a woman. Thanks Cissy- cleared their throat and they both snapped their heads away. She felt her neck and face burning and dropped her head to use her hair as a shield while Voldemort carried on as usual and produced a few pieces of paper.

"All of you!" He announced, standing. "Line up on the back of the wall!" Some rose hesitantly, some eagerly to please him but eventually, they all were lining up against the far wall, reminiscent of a secondary school class. Well all except one person that is.

Yes it's exactly who you are thinking of.

"Madame LeStrange" Voldemort turned to her calmly. A few murmurs jutted out at the unusual usage of the moniker. Voldemort was known to refer as the woman in question with "Bella", "Bellatrix" or "Madame Black". Never Madame LeStrange. Narcissa. especially, was looking quite concerned. Rodolphus suddenly got a smug look on his face. Bellatrix wanted to claw his eye out. "What are you waiting for?"

Bellatrix rose with grace and held her head high. "I just assumed that since I am the right hand.." She trailed off seeing the glare in his eyes and just nodded. "I apologise V..My Lord" She covered her slip up with a cough.