Ministry Party

Did I write the majority of this chapter from 3am to 6am? Yes. Is my sleeping pattern fucked? Yes. Am I going to get screamed at by sxm4rr ? Most likely. But as I said before
Fuck you, sleep is for the weak minded.

Bellatrix fiddled with her earring and scowled at her reflection in the mirror of her vanity. She was still reeling from the breakup a few nights ago and now has to attend a function in lieu of this, which will be full of nosy do-gooders and aurors.

Rodolphus smirked at her from the bed where he sat pulling his shoes on.

"You look pretty" He commented. Bellatrix offered a tight smile in response.

Ever since that fateful night where she'd come home and initiated some intimacy, he had been a lot calmer and perhaps even borderline kinder to his wife. Although, Bella thought eying up the purple bruises that marked her neck where his mouth had been, that doesn't reflect her experience in her bed with him. She swiped up the makeup she could use to cover it with a sigh.

Despite her efforts, Voldemort hadn't gotten out of her head. She thought of him every minute of the day. Bellatrix felt humiliated at the way he so blatantly rejected her and wanted to feel anger but she couldn't. It was impossible for her to feel anything but adoration towards the man who hurt her the most. Her words echoed back to her, mocking her.

"Physical wounds heal. Emotional don't"

Blinking the cold tears away, she smoothed her dress and stood.

"Ready?" She muttered quietly. Rodolphus glared at her and she involuntarily recoiled.

"I'll tell you when I'm ready" He snapped irritably. Bellatrix nodded and didn't bother retorting, too mentally exhausted to even begin an argument. Another glance in the mirror made Bellatrix scrutinise her appearance for what was probably the tenth time that morning. 

To put it simply, she was a mess.

A hot mess.

But a mess nonetheless

She had heavy bags under her eyes, covered by makeup but she knew they where there, because she wasn't sleeping. Every time she closed her eyes, it was Voldemort's face that laid behind them. She refused to sleep. She tied her hair back into a very stylish twisted bun reluctantly.

He never liked it when she wore it up. In a way it was a big "fuck you" to him.

Shaking her head clear, that wouldn't last for long she realised warily, and turned to face her husband once more. The young witch cleared her throat.

"We're going to be late 'Dolph" She frowned. He sighed and stood.

"Are you aware of our mission?" Rodolphus grunted.

Bellatrix rolled her eyes in response. "Yes, I'm the one who informed you" She couldn't help but hiss her retort at him this time.

To make her life excruciatingly hard and perhaps punish her (for what? Loving him?) Voldemort has assigned them a last minute mission to complete in the middle of a party. A party that will be full of esteemed Ministry people and high class wizards and witches. A party in which would include at least half of the Auror registry, about 60 aurors in total. A party in which the Minister of Magic -Harold Minchum - may attend.

The mission? Obtain Hepizabah Smith's files and address from the registry office. Simple right? Wrong. No doubt many of the aurors will be on high alert due to the LeStrange's predicaments and watching them like a hawk. The office will most likely be guarded, making Bella's life harder as she is the one that has to actually get the file because it will look strange if Rodolphus leaves the party without her.