Chapter 4

Adrian P.O.V

Since last few days have been chaotic since my parents' wedding anniversary is drawing near.

I was busy with the arrangements for the anniversary party, It was also the day when I would officially tell my parents about Jessica and my plan to marry her at the end of the year.

I even bought a ring for Jessica, if everything goes well then I will put the ring on her hand at the party itself in front of everyone.

I looked at my cabin door when heard a knock, I saw my father, James Parker entering my cabin with a serious look on his face.

"How are you son? We hardly get to see you nowadays, your mom misses you a lot son" he said while sitting on the couch.

"Well, I was just caught up with some work Dad. I will surely pay a visit to mom today." I said while reading some important files.

"I have to discuss something very important with you Son, it is regarding the company ". I put my file down and faced my father, waiting for his reply.

"Well Since you have taken over the company, we think it's time for you to settle down. You will be turning 26 this year, and I and your mother think it's time for you to get married". Dad said.

Listening to his statement, I thought it was the perfect opportunity to tell him about Jessica. Before I could open my mouth to inform him about me and Jessica's relationship, he spoke again

"We decided you to marry the granddaughter of Stephen D'Amario, she is the heiress of the D'Amario. Mr. Amario was one of the close friends of your grandfather also so it will be a perfect match". My father revealed with a huge smile on his face.

But I was in complete shock after hearing this. I couldn't imagine marrying someone other than Jessica.

No no, this can't happen...

"Dad I don't want to marry someone else, I have already decided what to do with my life, and marrying some heiress is not on my list". I told him angrily.

"Well in that case my son this company would be transferred to the granddaughter of Mr. Amario. Your grandfather and Mr. Amario had signed the agreement stating you and his granddaughter will need to get married in the future, thereafter both Parker and D'Amario company can merge and gain more benefits". He told me calmly.

"I am still not going to marry her, To hell with this stupid agreement" I snap angrily at him

"Oh son, you have to marry her at any cost. I am determined to marry you off with her. If you denied getting married to her then the 40% share of Parker's Enterprises would be given to her and if she denied this marriage then the 40% share of Amario Enterprises would be given to us.

If you both denied marrying each other then the two companies would end up getting transferred their 50% share to the charity. " he said

I heaved a big sigh after he finished. I was annoyed and worried about how I explain this to Jessica, How would I tell her about this marriage?

Every plan that I made for me and Jessica seemed to be crashing down.

"I will take your leave son, your mother will probably be waiting for me." He said and walked out of my office.

I was busy thinking about this new problem, suddenly my phone rang, I grabbed my phone and looked at the screen, it was Jessica's call. As I pick up the call, I hear her sweet voice from the other side.

"Hey, Babe !! Are you still in the office? Did you forget our date night at my place?" She asked me.

I totally forgot about the date night because of my busy schedule but before she could know I quickly covered my negligence

"Yes love, I remembered that very well. Can't wait to see you". I said while smirking at the thought of having her in my arms tonight.

"Alright, see you at 7 then. Bye, love you" she said,

"Love you too babe." I hung up the call and got back thinking about how to handle this marriage situation,

how would Jessica react to this?

I immediately called my best friend, Noah. He was the COO of Parker Enterprises. We met in the boarding school and since then we have been best buddies.

I picked up the intercom and called my secretary. " Can you please ask Mr. Andrews to come into my office immediately"?

Within 10 minutes I heard my Noah voice while entering my office.

"Hey, everything's good? he asked me while he sat across me.

"Well Father wants me to get married to Mr. Amario's granddaughter, or else this company would go to charity."

"What!! No way, we have worked so hard for the company for the past 2 years, everything would be wasted if the company goes to charity." Noah exclaimed.

" Also what about Jessica? Did you tell her about this" he asked

"Not yet, bro, I am planning to tell her this tonight". I replied while massaging my temples.

"Isn't the Amario Enterprises owned by Neil Darrell??" Noah asked.

I immediately looked at him, I realized he was telling the right thing.

"If Neil Darrell is handling the Amario Enterprises then it means the granddaughter I am supposed to marry is Chloe Darrell". I said while connecting the dots.

"Exactly, You can easily talk to Jessica about this. She can easily convince Chloe to deny this proposal since they are best friends ". Noah suggested

"That's what I was thinking. I need to get to Jessica's place now " I quickly took a leave from Noah and left the office.

I arrived at Jessica's apartment, I rang the bell and within seconds she was there opening the door.

A smile formed on my face after looking at her face. She put her arms around my shoulders and kissed my lips. I kissed her back with equal passion. Soon we were undressed and made our way to the bedroom. After screaming each other's names for hours we finally planned to go downstairs to have dinner.

I ordered some sushi for us since Jessica can hardly cook anything, to be frank, she was a terrible cook. She can hardly even boil water but apart from all these things she is perfect and she is all I want.

We finished having dinner while talking about our day when I suddenly remembered the morning conversation with Dad.

" Babe I need to tell you something very important," I said while holding her hands close to my chest.

I told her about the entire situation, from the marriage to the merger, and even about the consequences if we decided to back off.

Before I could tell her about Chloe, she snapped at me angrily "So you want to leave me and marry some random brat now?"

"No Babe the only person I want to marry is you, my love, I can't even think of getting married to someone else," I answered back.

"Also this marriage won't happen, the only thing you need to do is to convince Chloe to deny this wedding proposal."

"Chloe? What does she have to do with this proposal?" she asked.

"Well she is the granddaughter I am supposed to marry and she being your best friend you can easily convince her to deny from the wedding"

A smile formed on her lips, and she hugged me tightly.

"Well, that can be done very easily. Anyways she is dating Justin now I don't think so she will ever want to marry you". She said happily

"And I will never ever marry or love someone apart from you my love," I told her pressing my lips on her forehead.

________________________________________________

Keep reading
if you liked the story so far.

Do vote by tapping on the star given below

xoxo