Chapter 43

Sarah P.O.V

Alessandro was staring at me intensely waiting for an explanation,  I took a deep breath and started explaining everything to Alessandro about the scar.

As I finished explaining everything to him, I could feel my cheeks getting moist because of the tears flowing through my eyes. 

"What the hell, Sarah!! Why didn't you tell anyone about what that bastard did?  You could have complained about him to your father." Alessandro said as he gently rubbed his fingers on the scar.

"Alessandro, my father's only family was Lisa and Chloe. Even if I told my father, Lisa would have made sure to save his brother and made me a culprit in front of my father. Apart from my grandparents who lived miles away, I had no one who would have trusted me and stood by me."  I told him truthfully. By now I could feel tears forming in my eyes as I recalled all those past traumas.

I saw Alessandro staring at me while he clenched and unclenched his jaw. Before my tears started to fall out of my eyes, I quickly turned my face, trying to hide it from him. We both were silent for the next couple of minutes, I could feel my cheeks were already damp due to my tears.

Will he leave me after knowing everything?

It is nothing something new for me after all my life I have been judged by people for things that I wasn't at fault 

Was he going to leave me after this?

I was in my thoughts when I felt Alessandro's presence beside me, he gently turned my body to face him.

"I didn't know you have been through so much in your childhood but you should know that you are a strong woman, Sarah. So stop crying, Love."

"From being neglected to getting assaulted at a very young age, you have faced a lot of things alone Sarah. I understand how hard it was for you to trust anyone in your life, I know you can protect yourself, but still, I want you to know that I am here now to take care of you." He spoke while he brushed the back of his fingers over my cheeks.

The next minute I could feel Alessandro's arm around me as he engulfed me in a warm hug. We stayed in that position for the next few minutes when I broke the hug.

"I am sorry, I shouldn't have ruined your night by discussing my messed-up life."  

"Shh... You don't have to be sorry for this. I am glad that you shared these delicate details about your past with me and trust me, Sarah, it was not your fault, it never was" He replied while planting a kiss on my forehead.

"Thank you for understanding this, Alessandro," I replied to him while putting my head on his shoulder. 

I don't know how long we sat there like that, I could feel Alessandro's hand caressing my back while my eyes were getting heavy as I slumped into sleep.

_________________________________________________________________________

I could feel the sun rays falling on my closed lids while I could feel something warm against my cheeks. I slowly opened my eyes and found myself laying on the bed with a duvet covering my body.  I placed my hands on the pillow when I realized it wasn't the pillow.

It was Alessandro's arms.

I turned my body to face him only to find him already staring at me.

"Good Morning, Love" Alessandro spoke as he pulled me closer to him.

"Good Morning" I replied as I nuzzled my face against his chest.

"Well, having you by my side every morning, what else I could ask for? Alessandro spoke as he placed a  kiss on my forehead. 

"Ahh, Would you be saying these cheesy lines every morning  then?" I asked as I scrunched my nose. 

"Yes, the cheesy lines along with the cuddles and kisses," Alessandro replied as he connected our lips in a passionate kiss. The kiss was slightly less rough but slowly it was more rough dominating. Before things could get further I broke the kiss and pulled back.

"That is enough for the morning. Now get up I have to give you a tour of the whole thing I have worked so hard for." I spoke dismissing Alessandro's cute puppy eyes.

"I already had a glimpse of the resort, Sarah, and all I can say is you have done a marvelous job in designing the whole property." 

"Anyways, It is already late in the morning and you have to eat some good food. The baby and the mama have to be healthy now." Alessandro replied as he quickly jumped out of the bed.

We both quickly freshened up and walked downstairs to have breakfast. Alessandro and I entered the dining area and saw the guests were already having their breakfast. I saw Ester giving me a wink as she sat on the table across from Noah. We reached out to an empty table and took our seats. The whole dining area was filled with those few VIP guests who were invited to have a stay in the resort after the grand opening. 

"So, what will this beautiful woman want to have? Donuts? Pancake? or something else" Alessandro asked.

"Anything would be fine Alessandro." 

"Okay, Wait a minute," Alessandro replied as he walked hastily towards the nearest waiter. 

After a few minutes, I saw Alessandro coming back with a waiter behind who had a large tray in his hands. The waiter placed the tray in front of me, which included almost all the breakfast food items in it.

"This is way too much food for a single person to eat, Alessandro."

"Since you said anything would be fine so I got everything. Now start eating, princess."  Alessandro replied as he drank the coffee from the mug that he was holding.

"Why aren't you eating with me? Just a cup of coffee isn't what we call a breakfast." I spoke while squinting my eyes in an attempt to intimidate him.

"Princess, between you and me it's you who needs to have a proper diet. For a healthy baby, the mother needs to be fit." Alessandro uttered as he handed me a fork along with the fruit bowl.

"Now have your food like a good girl so that you can give me the tour of this whole place," Alessandro spoke in a serious tone implying that there would be no more argument regarding the food.

We both started eating our food as we discussed our last few days and activities. Alessandro told me about his upcoming project in France, and how he has been handling new clients in the USA.

"Can I talk to you in private?" Alessandro and I turned around only to find Adrian standing next to us, wearing her blue and grey suit.

"Adrian, Please I am in no mood to listen to your..."

"I want to talk to the man who sitting with my wife," Adrian interrupted me as his eyes stared intensely into mine.

"It's OK, You finish your food, Sarah. I will be just back." Alessandro replied back as he angrily stared at Adrian. 

I saw the two of them making their exit from the dining hall while my brain was filled with thousands of questions presuming what the hell is Adrian up to?..

_________________________________________________________________

Hello Everyone.. 

From today I will be updating Wedcuffed and hopefully, I will be completing the whole story soon.

Thank you for your patience..

DON'T FORGET TO VOTE IF YOU LIKE THE STORY SO FAR💓