Chapter 10

Sarah P.O.V

Taking slow steps toward the stage, I felt my heart pounding harder. with every step. As I reached the stage, Lauren immediately turned towards me, "Ahh! Here comes my beautiful daughter-in-law" she said and welcomed me with a warm hug. " All the best dear" She whispered in my ears sensing my nervousness.

"Ladies and Gentleman, today my son is starting a new phase of his life with the beautiful heiress of Amario Enterprises, Sarah Darrell ". Mr. Parker announced. I was now standing next to Adrian, we both had fake smiles on our faces.

"My son, Adrian had worked very hard for the company for the past few years and I hope marrying Sarah would even lead to more success for both of them.

Soon the rings were brought as we exchanged our rings. Adrian harshly put the ring on my finger, I could sense he wanted to leave from here ASAP. Once we both exchanged our rings everyone in the crowd clapped and cheered excitedly.

"I have another important thing to announce. Since I will be leaving for London soon with my dear wife, I want you all to know that this beautiful couple will be married by the end of this month ." Mr. Parker said with a wide smile on his face.

After the announcement ended everyone was asked everyone to enjoy the party. I sense Adrian stiffen after hearing about marriage but he didn't say anything. I saw Grandpa and Grandma talking to my father, who was unfortunately here but didn't even try to meet his daughter.

I was still thinking about whether I should join them or not when someone suddenly grabbed my arm harshly and dragged me to a spare room.

I was pushed on the cushion that was at the corner of the room, I saw Adrian closing the door but during the whole time, his eyes were fixed on me.

"What do you want Adrian?" I stood up and asked him.

" I want you to get one thing in your thick skull that I will never accept you as my wife, you can't ever have that place in my heart or in my life. I know a gold digger like you, who just wants money but I didn't know you would agree to marry someone just for money.

I am just marrying you for the sake of my dad and the company. Don't ever expect me anything else or from this marriage, The only woman that can ever be in my heart is Jessica" He hissed angrily.

I stared right into his eyes while he spoke once he was done, I chuckled at his thoughts

He is just the same as I thought he would be.

"Well Adrian, I am marrying you because I want to save Amario Enterprises, even I don't expect anything from you either. Also, I don't need to be a gold digger, I am the f*cking heiress of Amario Enterprises and even if I don't hold this position I am capable of earning for myself. Maybe it is your Jessica who needs such support" I replied without removing my eyes from him. I want him to know that he can't accuse me of something that isn't in my hands.

"And next time you want to talk about something important then you can politely ask me to come aside rather than dragging me," I said giving him a contempt smile.

Without waiting for his next reply, I immediately opened the door and headed straight towards my car. On my way, I texted Grandma that I didn't feel well hence I am going home.

I had enough drama for the day.

_______________________________________

Adrian P.O.V

That bitch actually had the audacity to talk back to me, although some of her points of her being the heiress and having the money were valid points.

But still because of her my perfect life planning with Jessica got ruined.

Remembering about Jessica, I quickly got out of the room and searched for Jessica at the party but she was nowhere to be found.
I texted her asking about her whereabouts but she didn't reply and after some time her number was switched off. I sensed something was wrong,

Jessica never turned off her phone, never.

Unfortunately, I had to wait until the guest left, finally after two hours almost half of the guests were gone

I made an excuse about having an important meeting the next day I said goodbye to my parents and went directly to Jessica's house.

I tried reaching her by calls and text while driving up to her place but there was no response from her side.

Once I reached her apartment, I knocked on the door twice but still didn't get any response from her. At last, I opened the door with the spare keys I had with me.

All the lights of the house were off as if no one was at home. I called her name twice but there was still no response. I reached her bedroom and opened the door but it was also empty. I took my phone out and tried calling her again.

Suddenly I saw an envelope on the bed, I took it in my hands and saw my name written on it. I opened it and started reading it.

Dear Adrian,

I am sorry Adrian, I can't take this anymore. I can't see you marrying Sarah and it would be selfish if I asked you not to do so. I know my decision will hurt you but this is best for us. I am going away from all these, Adrian, this is the only way we both can be happy. If you ever loved me Please don't come behind me or try to find me.

Have A happy life, Adrian

--Jessica

No, no, no she can't leave me. I stood up and looked around her room, I noticed her belongings were missing, her wardrobe was empty, and her vanity and desk were all cleared.

I sat there holding that letter, still processing what had actually happened,

I lost the most precious thing, I lost my love. I lost Jessica.

This is all because of Sarah, she is the reason behind all this. If she hadn't signed those papers before then I could have had some options, I could have come up with some other plan or even convinced Dad not to force me into this.

"I will make sure you will regret marrying me Sarah, I will make you regret coming back here, I will make your life a living hell that you would beg for death but you still won't get that" I hissed

Let the game begin Sarah Darrell.

_____________________________________

Keep reading
if you liked the story so far.

Do vote by tapping on the star given below

xoxo