Chapter 31

Sarah P.O.V

I leaned my head back against the bathtub as I thought about how my life had changed these past months. It's been two weeks since Jessica showed up at my house and two weeks since Adrian stood with me. I was still amazed to see these new changes in Adrian. I still couldn't believe he was the same person who hated my existence a few months back.

While Adrian still continued to stay at my house and kept behaving like a perfect husband even after knowing we couldn't have a future together.

I had already told him his efforts wouldn't change my decision, yet he still thinks these efforts would make my heart change toward him

The only good thing that happened in the following week was my growing friendship with Alessandro.

Now even Ester also met him and she couldn't stop pushing me to take our relationship to the next level.

Frankly, I didn't think him to be such an amazing human but I soon discovered that he is completely different from all those guys I have met.

Within these weeks I have realized that he is a clear-minded person with a great sense of humor.

Unlike me, he exactly knows what he wants from life, both personally and professionally.

The best thing about meeting Alessandro is that he always prefers to live a simple life rather than being choosy and Sophisticated.

He mostly takes me out to places that are low-key yet beautiful and away from the bustle of cities. Appreciate him choosing comfort over expensive things

It has become like our daily ritual, to meet every day either for lunch or dinner. Even today I and Alessandro are meeting up at Ester's house for our Sunday brunch. 

Even though I am not meeting him for the first time my heart flutters thinking about seeing him again.

I know I shouldn't behave like a teenager but I can't help it.

I quickly finished taking my bath and got out of the bathroom. I dressed in a crop loose hoodie with high-waist jeans. I put on some sunscreen and blow dry my hair. I quickly put on my shoes and grabbed my phone.

I walked into the living room and to my surprise it was empty. It was noon and Adrian was nowhere in the house which was a good thing as he always acts like a possessive husband whenever he hears Alessandro's name.

He still thinks that I am his wife and I shouldn't be friends with someone he doesn't like

I have already told him there are no us yet I don't know why he keeps acting as if we are a normal couple.

Thank god I don't have to deal with him this morning.

I hastily stepped out of my house entered my car and drove to Ester's place. After parking the car I got out of the car and made my way to Ester's floor.

I was about to enter the building when I spotted Alessandro leaning against his car.

"Hey! What are you doing down here?" I greeted walking in his direction.

"Hey, I was just about to go upstairs." he greeted back while hugging me. 

"C'mon let's go up now, I am starving"  I spoke and grabbed his wrist, dragging him along with me but instead of moving forward I was pulled back by Alessandro, making my body hit his chest

"You look absolutely beautiful Sarah"
his deep voice complimented me as he gently moved his fingers on a strand of hair, tucking it behind my ears.

"Ah...Thank you" I replied looking down at my feet to hide my blushing face.