Chapter 17

Sarah P.O.V

It was the next day, I was still lying in my bed enjoying  Sunday. I heard my phone buzzing, rubbing my eyes I read Ester's name flashing on the screen. I pressed the answer button and placed the phone near my ear.

"Good Morning Sunshine!!" she yelled from the other side,  Even early in the morning she was fully charged.

"Morning Ester" I replied and sat up on my bed, leaning on the headboard.

"Get ready I am coming to pick you up in 20 minutes. We need to go shopping today." She spoke, and I could hear the traffic voice in the background, which indicated she was already on her way.

" Ahh!! Can't we just postpone it? We can go next week I promise!!" I answered while rubbing my eyes

"You said the same thing last week also and I am not taking any other excuse now. Now get your ass up and get ready, I am on my way". She didn't wait for any other excuse and disconnected the call.

I got up from my bed and made my way to the bathroom. After doing my business, I stepped out and took out a pair of jeans and a T-shirt. I put on my sneakers put my hair in a messy bun and applied some lipgloss, grabbing my phone and wallet I made my way downstairs. 

As I was crossing the kitchen I saw Adrian who was struggling with the coffee machine, I cleared my throat to get his attention.

"Do you need any help with that?" I asked him politely. He looked hesitant but eventually nodded in agreement. I walked towards the coffee maker and started making the coffee. After 15 minutes I poured the coffee into the mug as I turned to give the coffee to Adrian, I saw watching my every move intensely. I placed the coffee in front of him but his eyes were still fixed on my face. 

"Here you go" I waved my hand in front of him and pointed toward the coffee mug. He immediately lowered his gaze and looked at the coffee.

"Tha...Thanks for the coffee" He gave me a small smile and picked the coffee mug in his hand.

I saw my phone notification pop up, I saw it was from Ester telling me she was outside.

"I am going out for a while, Bye". I informed Adrian and made my way outside. I saw Ester waiting for me in her car.

" Hey, beautiful!!" I greeted her while entering the passenger seat. 

"Hey, Boss!!" She greeted me back and gave me a side hug. She turned her attention and started the car. During the whole ride, we kept talking about how our lives have changed since we moved to NYC. 

After 40 minutes we parked the car and entered the mall, since it was a Sunday the mall was packed.

Ester dragged me to every store for the next 2 hours, literally buying everything new in stock. I decided to purchase myself some new shoes and perfumes but Ester forced me to get some dresses as well. Once we were done with our shopping, we went straight to feed our stomachs, we ordered some chicken nuggets and fries. Apparently, we both are crazy about chicken nuggets and fries, once the order was placed in front of us we immediately stuffed our mouths with the food enjoying the delicious taste of fries and nuggets.