Chapter 34

Sarah P.O.V

It was a Sunday evening today, I was lazily laying on the couch while eating my 3rd tube of ice cream as I watched Friends back to back for the last 4 hours.

With these cravings happening during the pregnancy, I am sure to gain a lot of weight in the future

"Dear, I had made the dinner. Do you need anything else?" I heard my cook Mrs. Jane's voice. I turned my head to the kitchen and saw her standing at the kitchen door.

"Thank you, Mrs. Jane. I don't need anything else so you may leave now" I replied and soon I saw her walking out with her handbag towards the living room.

"If you need anything, you can just call me on my number." She said.

"Yes, Thank you so much," I replied while giving her a polite smile and bid her goodbye.

Mrs. Jane is a sweet and kind woman, in her 50s, and trust me she has amazing cooking skills. Seeing my pregnancy and hectic work schedule, I had to appoint someone to look after my daily meals regularly and then I found out about Mrs. Jane through some of my neighbors.

At first, I thought that maybe I could manage it by myself but Alessandro forced me to hire a cook as he knows my condition and irregular eating habits.

Talking about Alessandro, the last few weeks were memorable since ever we confessed our feelings to each other. I am glad that before he went back to Italy forever, I realized my feelings towards him and told everything to him.

I wonder if I didn't confess my feelings that day then maybe I could have lost him as well.

I was a fool to ignore my feelings towards him thinking it was lust and attraction but once he admitted his love for me I knew that this wasn't a temporary temptation we had between us.

Now being with Alessandro I have realized that he was the missing part of my life.

Until last month I had everything with me, a good education from the top college, a company to run, a stable income. Yet I didn't have a purpose to live, I didn't have anyone who loved me,  I didn't have a family with whom I could share my joy and sorrow. But now with my baby and Alessandro, I see some hope.

I know it's just a week since I confessed my feelings towards Alessandro but within these days my life seemed to be so simple and beautiful.

Alessandro always cherishes small moments and things like hugs, holding hands, cracking lame jokes, watching movies, going out on dates, etc. In short, he makes me alive again with his small sweet gestures.

At times, all this seems like a dream, having someone like Alessandro with me.

But now that I have him in my life, everything just seems so perfect.

Yet there is a small part of me who is scared thinking about the future.

Although I already cleared everything regarding my relationship with Adrian to Alessandro. Yet I still didn't discuss anything regarding my baby.

I continued eating my ice cream while my mind played different scenarios.

I know he loves me but having Adrian's child in my womb makes me nervous about everything.

To be honest, I am scared to discuss the baby topic with Alessandro, my mind is stuck thinking what if he didn't want my baby in our lives?

I know Alessandro wants a future together but so far he hasn't talked about anything regarding the baby.