Chapter 6

Sarah P.O.V

It was almost 11 in the morning, I was ready with my decision. I went downstairs and knocked at Grandpa's room, he opened the door.

I entered the room and saw Grandma sitting on the couch, reading some magazines. I sat next to her, while Grandpa sat opposite us. I cleared my throat before speaking.

"Grandpa, Grandma, I have taken my decision. I want to save my mother's company, I don't want to lose Amario Enterprises. I am ready for the marriage." I told them my answer

As soon as I finished saying this, I saw both my grandparents beaming with happiness. Grandma immediately hugged me tightly.

"Oh Sarah, I knew you would have taken the right decision. I am sure this marriage and merger will surely bring a lot of happiness in your life." Grandpa said while kissing my forehead.

"I am sure you will definitely fulfill the responsibility of both wife and the new CEO of Amario Enterprises," Grandma said while clasping her hands together.

Both Grandma and Grandpa started discussing the merger and wedding. It has been ages since I saw them being this happy. When mom was alive we always used to spend our vacations with grandpa and grandma.

We all used to have so much fun then, my mom and grandma together used to bake cakes and muffins, and Dad and Grandpa taught me horseriding and swimming.

Those were some of the happiest memories I had with my family.

The thought about my father made me realize it's been 5 years since I saw him.

During these years he never contacted me, and neither did I make any efforts. Before moving here back I hoped maybe he would at least come and visit me but it had been almost a month since I moved back and he never showed.

"Sarah, Dear, You will be coming with me to Amario Enterprises tomorrow and signing the document. You will be also meeting your fiance tomorrow before signing the document". Grandpa informed me.

"Yes, dear It would be nice if you guys meet each other tomorrow and get to know each other before the wedding," Grandma said.

I gave a weak smile to them but deep inside I was nervous about this whole situation. Suddenly it occurred to me that I still don't know the name of the person I am getting married to.

"Grandpa, May I know the name of the person to whom I'm getting married?" I asked him.

"Oh! Well, his name is, Adrian Parker, the CEO of Parker Enterprises" He told me.

As soon as he told me his name, I felt the ground slipping under my feet.

"Adrian Parker? The son of James and Lauren Parker?" I asked Grandpa hoping that it was not him.

"Yes Sweetheart, he is the one". he answered.

I was completely shocked now, he was the same Adrian Parker who used to be my friend, A friend who abandoned me and my friendship

" I will see you guys later, I got to do some work now" I informed them and kissed their cheeks.

I immediately took my car keys and started driving without any specific destination. After roaming for an hour I was finally standing in front of my mother's grave.

I sat there for hours remembering how happy our life used to be when she was alive. Maybe today I wouldn't be standing in this place if she was here. Maybe today I would have had a normal life with a happy family.

But today everything is different, nothing can be the same as I imagined or wished.

I still remember Adrian Parker, the guy who used to be one of my close friends along with Jessica but it's been years since we talked, years since I saw him.

When he left for London, we three made sure to stay connected no matter what the circumstances were. Even when Jessica started ignoring me, I and Adrian still stayed connected through emails, social media, and calls.

Slowly those calls got fewer and at one point he stopped calling me, I did try calling him but it ended up in the voicemail. We were still connected through messages and emails but at the end of sophomore, he even stopped replying to those.

Occasionally I heard Jessica and Chloe talking about Adrian, I heard them discussing the plans Adrian and Jessica made when Jessica would be visiting him in London this vacation.

At that time It got clear that he was purposely avoiding my text and calls. Maybe he chose Jessica over me, although what I ever wanted was that we three stayed friends forever. But they both decided to throw me out of their lives as if our friendship was nothing to them

FLASHBACK

It's been almost two years since I heard from Adrian. He did visit New York every Summer and even this summer he came here for vacation. I saw him hanging out with Chloe, and Jessica the other day

I was in my room, finishing up my painting. I heard noises from downstairs, which indicated that Chloe had bought her friends again.

I decided to ignore them and continue doing my work. After I was done with painting, I heard my stomach growl. I quickly wore my hoodie and went to the kitchen and grab something to eat. I was on my way to my room, holding my hot coffee mug.

" Hey Sarah, what are you doing there alone? Come join us" I heard Chloe's voice from the living room.

"No Thanks, I got to do some work" I declined their invitation politely. I was about to walk when suddenly I heard Adrian's voice

"C'mon Sarah join us, a few minutes won't harm". He insisted.

Although my instinct told me to not join them I decided to join them for a few minutes. I walked into the living room holding my coffee mug. I saw familiar faces from school which included Jessica and Justin.

I smiled and looked at Adrian, it's been a long time since I saw him this close. I was walking towards the couch when Chloe put her leg between mine, which resulted in me losing my balance. I fell flat on the floor and my whole coffee got spilled on Jessica. Before I could even stand up, Chloe started shouting.

"You purposely did this Sarah, Didn't you? You always find ways to harm or insult Jessica". she yelled

"I didn't do it purposely, I am so sorry Jessica," I said and stood up from the floor.

"Ah, It's fine Sarah," Jessica said but I could see the smirk on her face.

"No it's not fine, you did this thing purposely. You know Adrian this is not the first time she has harmed her". Chloe said while Adrian was busy cleaning Jessica with cold water.

" I knew you always hated Jessica but I didn't know you could actually harm her," Adrian said angrily.

Before I could say anything else in my defense Adrian dragged me harshly and pushed me out of the room.

" Get out of here, I don't want cunt like you near me or Jessica ."

I could sense his anger and hate in his voice but I could see the concern for Jessica in his eyes. Without any further clarification, I ran towards my room and shut the door behind me. I know as soon as everyone goes Chloe and Jessica will torture me again since I ruined their evening.

I was angry at myself for being a coward, I was tired of being weak and fragile.

FLASHBACK ENDS

That was the last time I saw him, after that, I tried my best to avoid him, especially around Jessica and Chloe.

And now I am supposed to marry him, how can I deal with him? What if he hates me? How will I be able to handle being around him?

I sat there thinking about everything for hours, remembering my family and mother. Finally, it was almost dark when I decided to go home.

"You need to be strong Sarah. You can survive this" 

_____________________________________________________

Keep reading if you liked the story so far.

Do vote by tapping on the star given below

xoxo