Chapter 27

Adrian P.O.V

It's been an hour since Baldwin left my office but I was still looking at all those pieces of evidence laying in front of me.

These evidences were  laughing at my foolishness

A sense of guilt hit me hard thinking about all those terrible things I did to her.

What have I done with her?

I punished her for those things which she never did.

She kept telling me that she was innocent but due to my doubts and ego I didn't trust her.

I did everything to hurt her, I didn't even listen to her cries and plead when I forced myself on her and asked her to be my whore.

Thinking about all those abuses and tortures, I pulled my hair in frustration

On one side I was delighted to know that she wasn't cheating behind my back but on the other hand, It was killing me thinking about the way I mistreated her.

The major thing that was bothering me was why Jessica lied to me.

I need to ask Jess about this, maybe she had some genuine reason behind this, or maybe it's all a misunderstanding.

Without speculating anything further, I put on my blazer and walked out of the office.

I started my car and within 15 minutes I parked my car outside the mansion. I quickly got out of the car, remembering about Jessica's pregnancy I mentally prepared myself to ask her everything calmly.

I was about to climb the stairs when I heard some voices coming from the living room. I walked down and followed the voice, as I started getting close to the living room I could hear Jessica and Chloe giggling. I was about to enter the living room when I heard Chloe's voice

"I can't believe your fake pregnancy news actually worked" I heard Chloe chuckle.

"It has to work, this time I planned everything well. I even bribed the doctor and the staff to get my fake pregnancy reports." Jessica spoke.

"But What will happen if Adrian gets to know the truth, What if he brings Sarah back?" Chloe spoke

"Don't worry I will be pregnant by Adrian's child soon and I don't think he would mind about my lie after all he also wants Sarah out of his life someday" I hear Jessica say.

"Well, you did quite a solid job, Jessica. I don't think Sarah would ever be able to prove her innocence to Adrian." Chole replied.

"Hahaha!! Even If she proves her innocence Adrian still won't believe her. I have put so much poison in his mind that he already loathes Sarah's existence. He even believed that she had an affair with Justin" Jessica replied confidently

 Hearing everything from Jessica, reality slapped hard on my face, I felt deceived knowing how easily I got manipulated by Jessica all these years

 I couldn't control my anger anymore, so I directly walked into the living room to confront Jessica.

As soon as I entered the room, their face turned pale as if they had seen a ghost.

Jessica immediately composed herself and walked towards me.

"Hey love, You're back so early. Well, that's great we three can have lunch together now," she spoke while kissing my cheeks, while I just stared at her angrily.

"What were you both talking about?" I asked shifting away from Jessica to Chloe.

"Ohh we were just discussing the new store that opened next week," Jessica spoke looking at Chloe and Chloe quickly nodded at her statement.