Chapter 18

Sarah P.O.V

Since the past week, the work pressure was so high that I was busy signing new contracts, attending meetings, that I didn't realize about the Annual Gala, which was to be held tonight.  Thankfully I have Ester with me, she planned everything along with Adrian's assistant regarding our outfits and everything. Since I will be getting ready in the office and meeting Adrian directly at the Gala, Our assistant made sure that we reach the venue at the same time. Winding up my last meeting of the day, I dismissed my staff and made my way towards my cabin.

Sitting on the cushion, I took off my heels and put my legs on the table, letting my legs and mind relax for a bit. Although these heels give a sophisticated look, I can't deny the fact that they cant be worn all day. My happiness was short-lived when Ester barged into my cabin, behind her there were two more people one holding my outfit and the other was the makeup artist who carrying a makeup vanity box.

"Get up Sarah!! You need to move, it's already late." She literally screamed while pulling my hands. I glanced at the clock and saw it was already quarter to seven.

Unwillingly I stood up and followed their instruction, the makeup artist immediately started working on my face. It almost took an hour to get my makeup and hair done. Ester immediately handed me the dress and asked me to get changed. I put on the dress along with the shoes and walked out. As I entered the cabin wearing the dress, 

"You look so pretty in that dress!!! You should be glad that I choose this outfit for you" Ester said while patting her shoulder with her other hand.

I can't deny that Ester has an amazing choice, The Caftan one-shoulder velvet mermaid dress fit me like gloves, the high split on the left leg showed a fair amount of my skin. 

"Thanks, Ester!! You literally saved me today" I replied and hugged her

"I know that. Now hurry up you, it's already 8 pm, you already need to be at the venue by now." She spoke while tugging her arm with mine, we made it to the lobby and saw the driver was already waiting for us.

"I wish that you were also there with me today. I don't want to get bored between those rich snobs." I pouted while facing her.

"I would have surely joined you, Sarah but you know I need to visit my parents tomorrow morning. I would have canceled it but you know that my dad isn't doing well for a few days." Ester replied.  

I nodded and sat in the car, on my way I saw Adrian text informing me that he already arrived at the venue. Talking about Adrian and my relationship, I could say it was doing well for a few days. We now talk to each other in a more civilized way but it is mostly related to business.

Almost after 20 minutes, I arrived at the gala and stepped down the car, I saw several cameras flashing. I posed for occasional pictures and made my way inside. I saw people around the giant and incredibly decorated room, who were enjoying themselves, and each of them was dressed in lavish clothes. I spotted Adrian busy talking with a few people, he was wearing a black tuxedo while his hair was perfectly styled making him look devilishly handsome. I sighed and made my way towards him.