Chapter 24

Sarah P.O.V

Sometimes we need to accept the reality and stop wasting our time on the wrong people. For me, I'm okay with sacrificing my time to make a relationship work but in the end, there should be some positive outcomes. Just like Adrian, I deserve to have a stable life. He can't expect me to be a dutiful wife when all he did was find flaws in me and expect me to overlook his.

Today it's been five days since I moved back to my Mother's House. Unlike those cliche stories, I didn't lock myself in the room and cried over my broken relationship. Rather I continue living with my normal routine, I can't afford to be weak over a marriage that had no future, which didn't have any future. I can't sit back there and drown myself in misery.

It was pretty clear from the start that Adrian was in love with Jessica and this marriage was only supposed to boost our company. But I didn't think he would use me, manipulate me, and then suddenly throw me away like scrap. It was selfish of him to ask me to take care of Jessica until I was living in the mansion with them.

And it was the moment I decided that I didn't want to be with him, even if it affected my life or my company.

Currently, I am holding the divorce papers in my hand which I got ready from my lawyer a day after I moved out. I took the pen and signed the papers but before sending them to Adrian, I just want to do one last thing.

I put the papers in my bag and made my way towards my car. I parked my car outside Parker Mansion and made my way inside.

I saw a maid standing at the door with a smile on her face.

"Hello, Madam. Please come in. I will let Mr. and Mrs. Parker know you are here." she spoke and guided me to the living room.

I nodded and followed her, I sat in the living room while the maid disappeared in the hallway. Probably informing them about my arrival.

Within a few minutes, I saw Lauren walking into the living room with a huge smile on her face.

"Hello, Dear" she greeted and engulfed me in a hug.

"Hello, Lauren" I greeted back and saw James entering the room as well.

"Hello, James" I greeted him as well while giving him a side hug.

"Sorry, I came unannounced."

"It's fine Sarah, This is your home as well. You can visit us anytime you want to." James replied with a small smile

"How was your trip to London and when did you get back," I asked. While taking a seat across them.

"Ohh!! It was lovely dear. We landed in the States 5 days before. We were about to visit you and Adrian this weekend. It's good you visited today, we all could have dinner together. Let me call Adrian as well" Lauren spoke and started dialing his number on the phone.

Before she could call him and say anything about my arrival I immediately uttered my reason for seeing them

" Well, I need you to talk about something really important to you about me and Adrian."

"We decided to end this marriage and I am filing a divorce" I sighed.

" Why? What happened Sarah? Did he say something to you?" Lauren asked as she stood from her seat and sat beside me.

" Well, it's been almost 2 months since I and Adrian got married But during this whole time we both realized that we can't be happy together."

"Sarah, I know the circumstances in which you got married but divorce is not the solution. I know Adrian won't get a better life partner than you" Lauren said as she held my hand.