Chapter 16

Sarah P.O.V

The next few days passed in a blur, I spent most of my time handling the company. I mostly left the mansion early in the morning so that I don't have to face Adrian again, while in the evening I preferred staying in my room. I still cook for Adrian though, unlike before he is now eating the meals that I prepared for him. 

It was Friday night when I was busy studying some papers in my room when I heard a knock at my door. I got up from the bed and walked towards the door. As the door opened I saw Adrian, standing there with the same annoyed look on his face. I was wondering what new allegation he had come up with now. 

"Do you want something?" I asked him.

"Your father came to my office today. He invited both of us tomorrow to dinner. He insisted on your presence especially . Make sure you clear your schedule for tomorrow". He spoke.

Hearing about my father's invitation I wasn't surprised much, he always tries to make a good bond with those who are rich and powerful. I wish his invitation was genuine without any greed. Since I moved out of his house, he was hardly bothered about me, he didn't even make an effort to call me but now when I am Adrian Parker's wife he suddenly starts showing interest in my whereabouts.

" I will be ready tomorrow by 7" I replied to him and started closing the door.

" Hmm, Sarah?? About that day, I am sorry. I shouldn't have treated you like that" He spoke while keeping his eyes on my face.

"Ahh, It's Okay Adrian" I replied to him still processing the fact that he had apologized to me. I gave him a small smile, and he turned away and walked towards his room. I shut the door and went towards my bed, I pinched myself to see if I was dreaming about the whole thing that just happened back.

********************

Waking up the next day, I left for the office early since I had a very important meeting to attend today. The whole day was busy attending the meeting, and sorting other work By 5 pm I packed my stuff and left the office. It took me around 30 minutes to reach the mansion, I entered my room and placed my bag on the floor.
I removed my hair from the ponytail, my brown wavy hair flowed freely to my waist. Taking out the outfit that I would be wearing tonight, I made my way to the bathroom. I stripped my clothes and entered the shower, the hot water droplets started falling on my skin, making my body calm and relaxed. It took almost 15 min in the shower, I stepped out from the shower and tied the bathrobe around my body, making my way to towards the vanity area.

I applied some lotion on my skin followed by a basic skincare routine. Technically I am not someone who would spend a lot of time going spa for treatments. I prefer doing the same basic care instead of at home, although I am someone who is lazy AF I still give some time to pamper my skin.

Once I was done with skincare, I blow-dried my hair and decided to do minimal makeup. I applied some moisturizer followed by cheek tints, I coated my lashes with mascara. Since my makeup was minimal I decided to go for red lipstick which will even out the whole makeup. Once I was satisfied with my makeup and hair, I removed the robe and wore my dress.
It was a plain white dress, with long sleeves and a deep v-neck. It had some pearl work done in the middle, the dress fitted me well and ended up just a few inches above my knees.

 It had some pearl work done in the middle, the dress fitted me well and ended up just a few inches above my knees