Chapter 7

Adrian P.O.V

Tomorrow is the day we will be signing the agreement with Amario Enterprises. I was tense about the whole marriage and merger thing but Jessica assured me that Chloe would take care of everything.

She told me the whole situation the other day, we discussed the whole plan regarding the agreement last evening.

"Dad didn't tell me anything about this agreement yet, maybe he wants me to tell everything at the time of signing the agreement so that I couldn't back off. What if my Dad didn't listen to me if I declined this marriage?" Chloe asked nervously.

I suddenly thought about what Chloe said, she did have a point. What if his dad really didn't accept her decision?

"Don't worry, I have a backup plan for this." Jessica interrupted.

I saw Noah entering the room carrying his coffee and he sat beside me.

"What are you guys talking about," Noah asked as he placed his cup on the table.

"About how to decline the marriage agreement without Adrian losing his company" Jessica informed him.

"Well as I was telling you all about the backup plan. So if in any case, Chloe's father decides to oppose her decision then Adrian and Chloe can continue with the agreement. They both can get engaged but as the wedding days draw near you can back off." Jessica finally finished saying her plan. Making Noah look at me with amusement, while Chloe was still looking confused.

"Also, it is not mentioned anywhere in the agreement that you can't get separated or divorced in the future. Once the whole procedure of the merger gets finished, Adrian would tell his parents that he wants to marry me, not Chloe." Jessica said as she ran her fingers through her hair.

"We can try this for now, after all, we don't have any other option right now," I said and finally we ended our discussion

We had dinner together and then everyone went home. I asked Jessica to stay back with me since I want her to accompany me to the company tomorrow.

The next morning I and Jessica were on our way to Amario Enterprises. I was holding Jessica's hand and she constantly reminded me that everything would be as planned.

We finally arrived at our destination, I intertwined my hands with Jessica as we entered the lobby. I saw everyone stop their work and focus their attention on me and Jessica. I smirk seeing their reactions.

We informed the receptionist about our arrival, and she immediately directed us to the 28th floor where the conference room is. As we entered the conference room I saw my father talking with Neil Darrell, Chloe was sitting next to her father, I could see the tension on her face. There was also an old man sitting in the room, he seemed to have a strong authoritative personality.

"Good Morning everyone" I greeted them. I took my seat next to my father, while Jessica sat next to Chloe. I saw a confused look on my father's face as he saw Jessica here but he chose to ignore her. and averted his gaze on the old man present there.

The old man cleared his throat to gain everyone's attention.

"Hello everyone I am Stephen D'Amario, this company was started by me, and later my daughter continued to build this company stronger and I hope you all know the reason for this meeting, We are here for the merger in order to make our relations stronger," he said with a serious look.

I can see Neil Darrell who was now looking tensed and even with the AC on he was sweating.

"All these while this company was handled by son-in-law Neil Darrell. But now I want to transfer the whole authority of the company to my granddaughter, she will be the new CEO of the company. As per the agreement, the legal heiress of Amario Enterprises will be married to the heir of Parker Enterprises." He said with a serious tone.