Chapter 28

Sarah P.O.V

After the morning drama with Adrian and Alessandro, I decided to take an off from the office but remembering the pending work left behind, I changed my mind.

It was almost 11 in the morning when I reached the office. I walked towards my cabin when I saw Ester sitting at her desk while her eyes were set on the laptop.

" Where were you last night? I got so worried about you Ester" I asked, resting my hands on my hips.

"Well, it should be me asking this to you Cinderella, where were you? I literally searched the whole club looking for you. Where were you by the way?" She replied back.

"Even I searched for you Ester, but I couldn't find you, your phone was also not reachable."

"Me and Noah went to the VIP section since there was a lot of noise downstairs, we decided to go to the VIP floor. Also, my phone was working well but maybe because of the network issue, your call didn't connect " She replied.

"Ohh! Is everything fine between you both? Noah looked tensed last night."

"Everything is fine Sarah, you don't have to worry. First tell me how did you get home yesterday, since I was having the car keys?"

" Ahh, well, I went out to take a cab but because of my drunken state Alessandro dropped me back," I said.

"Alessandro? You mean Alessandro Dante?" She asked as her lips curled into a huge smile.

"Yes. He was the one to drop me back home."

"Sarah, am I missing something?" She asked while her eyes narrowed, staring at me suspiciously.

Knowing she already got the hint about me and Alessandro, I told her everything including the event that took place in the morning with Adrian.

I told her about Alessandro stalking me at the university and even a few days before as well.

" Holy shit!! This is so f*ckin romantic Sarah!!" She exclaimed while putting her hands on my shoulders.

"Seriously? This is not romantic Ester, this is creepy. He even knows everything about me and Adrian as well, he could be dangerous Ester." I answered back

"Sarah, that guy has been trying to approach you since university. if he wanted to harm you he would have done that already. But he isn't doing anything absurd, rather he genuinely asked you for a friendly dinner."

"Still Ester, I still don't know about him anything. What if he is a psychopath?"

"Sarah he is Alessandro Dante, he is a well-known personality of Italy. Why would he do anything like that if he is a psychopath then he must have already succeeded with his intentions."

We both were busy having our TED Talks on Alessandro when a guy walked in holding a bouquet of roses.

"Excuse me, Ma'am. This came for you" he said, handing me the large bouquet.

I took the bouquet and thanked him.

"Who sent those?" Ester asked me curiously.

"Don't Know" I shrugged my shoulders and ran my fingers through the roses when my gaze fell on the note placed between the roses. I pull out the note from the bundle.

Sorry if I hurt you
I hope you forgive me.
- AD❤

I read the note and it didn't take me long to realize who was the sender. For some odd reason, a smile formed on my lips. See my expression Ester immediately grabs the note from my hand.