thirty four

if you would like the sad ending please read the first part. if you would like the good ending read the second part of this page.

first part!!

Draco's POV

ari starts going super white and losing consciousness so i quickly grab athena from her hands and call for help.

"what's going on!!?" pomfrey yells as she runs in.

"i don't know!! just please help her!" i scream.

"please exit the room malfoy!" pomfrey instructs.

i run out to the others almost crying my eyes out in fear of what is happening.

"malfoy?" luna taps my shoulder.

"what do you want." i turn.

"you might wanna give the baby to someone before i tell you this.." she breathes out heavily.

"ok..." i hand athena to hermione.

"arianna.. she has... um cancer." she hesitates.

"what's that?!" i ask.

"cancer is a muggle disease that can't be cured. it will kill her at some point. we just don't know when. she hid it from you cause she was scared to tell you." she saddens.

"what.. why didn't she tell me? did she not trust me? i might lose the love of my life oh my god. why me. i thought i had everything going the way i wanted. i was about to have a family. now you say... SHE IS GONNA DIE?! WHY DIDN'T YOU TELL ME LUNA." i scream with tears running down my face.

"calm down man!" blaise grabs my arms trying to calm me down.

"no. i can't. i'm gonna lose her blaise. i'm gonna lose the woman i love." i break.

*10 minutes later*

pomfrey finally walks out and she has no emotion on her face at all. is arianna okay? is she dead? what happened i need to know.

"please... is she okay...?" daphne asks.

"madam pomfrey..?" ron questions.

"is she okay..?" i quickly get up and start walking to the door.

"malfoy. please don't go in there." pomfrey finally speaks.

i drop to my knees hearing that sentence. she's gone isn't she..

i hear tons of vibrations through the floor but i can't hear anything anymore. it's like i'm in a different world.

"Draco?!" i can hear crabbe and goyle yell.

"malfoy get up!" harry shakes me.

"please don't be like this." my mom screams at me.

"there is still hope for her!" bellatrix tries telling me.

i finally come back to reality and wipe my tears.

"what happened to her pomfrey." i demand to know.

"she didn't make it. she lost her battle to cancer. she's had it for a while now." she frowns and comes to hug me.

"no no no. please god no. i can't lose her. i love her so much. we have a daughter now. what am i gonna do? i can't watch a kid alone. i don't know how to be a good parent." i freak out.