Twenty One

Draco's POV

Well this is definitely not what I signed up for.. Yet again I technically didn't sign up for being a Death Eater either. I need to get Potter alone so I can end all of this once and for all.

I feel a tingling in my arm when I see the light as I slowly start to open my eyes to a figure above my head, Could it be Ari?

"hey.." Pansy sits down in a chair next to me.

"Where is Ari?" I instantly ask trying to sit up.

"I asked for a few seconds with you." She lays me back down.

"why?" I frown.

"you don't seem very happy about that" She laughs.

"I'm not. I would prefer my girlfriend to be here." I roll my eyes.

"Enough with the cold front. I know she's a death eater." She whispers.

"shut up." I look down at my hands.

"why did you do it to her? you never let that happen to me." She seems upset.

"Listen pansy. There's a major difference. She did it because she loves me. I didn't do it to her, she did it for me. You only want to do it because you want power." I hiss.

"whatever." she rolls her eyes and walks out.

Ari's POV

I spot Pansy walking out and she points to the door, I get up and walk through to see nurses around Draco, they seem to be doing a checkup on him at the moment.

"hey..." I raise my voice a bit for only the group of nurses and him to hear.

"Ari, Hey!" His face lights up instantly.

"I see your up and active now" I giggle.

"Up? yea. Active? not right now." He laughs with me.

"i'm glad your okay." I rest my hand on his as I sit in a chair beside the bed.

Draco nods at the nurses and they leave the room leaving just us two and a year 1 in the infirmary wing. Luckily the year 1 is passed out due to a broom training gone wrong.

"I don't understand.. Why did Bellatrix do that? We're on her side." Draco whispers looking confused.

"I think it was an act.. to make us seem trustable. I'm pretty sure it worked." I reply back.

"Well that's great, now we just need Potter." His eyes narrow at the name.

"Yea.." I hesitate.

"hey.. I can do it, when it's done we can act like he just passed away due to a muggle virus or something that we didn't know a cure for." He holds my hand and looks up at me.

"wait.. Passed away? They are gonna kill him...?" I freeze.

"Ari.. i'm not gonna lie to you. They are most definitely going to." I sit there staring at Draco when he says that.

"They can't! He's my friend." I release his hand quickly.

"I know.. but we have to." Draco moves his hand onto his chest.

"Hey!" Hermione walks in and grips my shoulders.

"oh hey Hermione" I turn to look at her with a short smile.

"I see Malloy is up" She hesitates but sends a sweet smile his way which he tries to send one back.

"yea.. he woke up a few minutes ago" I smile.

"That whole Bellatrix thing was crazy.. Dumbledore is freaking out." She tells us.

"I can imagine, I wouldn't think they would come here." Draco says.

"So.. don't you live with your parents, couldn't they kill you at home?" Hermione asks Draco.

Draco's POV

Oh shit, I didn't think this one through. I look through my mind trying to find an answer until Ari notices I can't think of anything.

"He moved out... and lives with me at the moment." She shakes her head yes.

"oh wow, that makes sense now" Hermione smiles.

"oh haha yea" I rub my neck slightly.

"so are you stable?" Ari asks once Hermione leaves the room.

"I think so.." I try to get up and Ari gives me both her arms to hold on to. I balance myself after a few minutes.

"wanna go back to your dorm for the day?" She grabs her books from a desk close by.

"yes please.." I reply as she intertwines her fingers into mine and we walk up flights of stairs to the dormitory.

We arrive to my dorm and she locks the door behind us and starts changing into clothing for bed. I slowly get changed as well slightly still in pain.

Ari's POV

I turn around after I finish getting dressed to see Draco having a hard time changing, he must still be hurting a bit. I walk over and help him pull his shirt off of his head. He smiles a bit and gets into some plaid pants.

We both walk over to the bed and climb in as I snuggle closer, He puts his arm around me as I lay my weight on it.

"Ouch!" He flinches.

"sorry!" I move off quickly.

"no no.. it's fine, just hurts a bit." he replies.

He switches his hand to wrap it around my back as I lay on his chest instead, he starts playing with my hair.

"I love you" He whispers and kisses my head.

"I love you too"  I smile into his shoulder.

"Tomorrow.. I'm gonna start hunting down Potter." He whispers.

"oh.. alright." My voice fades slowly.

"It will be okay.." He insists.

Before I can even reply I drift off to sleep because I was exhausted, I hadn't left that hall since he was rushed into the infirmary, now I can finally sleep and relax.