Eleven

Ari's POV

"Ariannaaaaa" a voice sings horridly.

I rub my eyes to see Pansy spinning around the room with a smile on her face, she looks genuinely happy for once. I wonder what happened to make her that way.

"Why do you look so happy?" I raise my eyebrow while climbing out of bed to get into my uniform.

"Oh! You didn't hear..? Draco took me to the astronomy tower and he kissed me last night.. he's so sweet!" She bluffs.

"Uhh okay even I know he still will act like a dick towards you even if your possibly dating." I pull my head through my shirt as an owl comes up to my window. I open it revealing a letter from my mom.

"Don't come back for Christmas break.. The dark lord has found us Ari... I'm so sorry. We failed protecting you. Don't respond to this message they are reading every message sent in to us. The death eaters won't let me leave.. I'm so sorry to tell you this over a letter but your father has passed.. he tried attacking a death eater and they instantly killed him. Be safe darling, I'll find you in the future."

I hold the letter to my chest as my eyes fog over and I hold back tears, I quickly drop the paper on the bed and slide on my robe and grab my wand stuffing it into my wand pocket.

"Aww is lockhart upset Draco chose me?" She teases me.

"Whatever. He can like whoever he wants okay? But no I'm not upset over him." I storm out running by Draco in the common room.

Draco's POV

"Hey Arianna, come here!" I shout as Ari comes running down the stairs, she doesn't even acknowledge me and runs by. She looks upset, was it about last night? I already said sorry! I need to find out what happened.

I run after her through the hall and spot her running into Ginny's arms as she comforts her, the golden trio then shows up and gives her a group hug. I fucking hate those kids, especially Potter. I guess there's only one way to do this, gotta walk up to them.

"Potter! Weasley! And...you mudblood." I speak out with the sound rolling off my tongue.

"What do you want, Malfoy?" Ron says pushing past Arianna.

"I need to speak with Ariana." I clear my throat.

"Sorry that's not happening, you best leave." Granger says lightly.

"Why?" My eyes shift to a darker color.

"You know what you did, I knew you were no good." Harry glares at me.

"I already apologized for hitting her!" All their mouths drop and stare at me.

"You fucking hit her?!" Hermione Echos.

"It came over me. I didn't mean to." I scowl.

"Yea fucking right." She shakes her head in disbelief.

"Did Pansy do this??" I quickly add.

"You and her both know what's wrong, and it's not all about problems with you, I'm over last night!" Arianna says uncovering her face to see tears slowly racing down her face as she speaks. They all storm away holding onto her.

I storm back to the slytherin common room and up into the girls dormitory without hesitation to see Pansy talking with another slytherin girl about something.

"Parkinson. We need to talk." I say furiously clenching my hands into a fist.

"Oh, about what? Have you finally came to your senses that you like me?" She giggles. I death glade at her and she stops laughing instantly.

"What did you do to Ari? People are saying I did something but I didn't do nothing and you are the only one up here that has problems with her." I put my hand on a desk and lean into it.

"Well I told her the truth, we kissed in the astronomy tower last night." She smiles with sparkles in her eyes.

"You're delusional no we did not. Why would you tell her that? You need to stay in your own lane. Keep away from us or I will kill you." I threaten as she leans back and nods intensely.

Before I walk out I notice a crumbled up letter at the end of Ari's bed, I pick it up and straighten it out to read it. Once I finish reading it, my heart drops. Arianna.. fuck, I need to find her." I run out of the door and into the hall searching for her.

Ari's POV

Hermione comes back into the courtyard with a glass of pumpkin juice, I quickly guzzle it down and take a deep breathe as she takes the bottle back to the great hall. I can't believe he would do that to me, and on top of that I lost my dad.. could my life get any worse?

All of a sudden I hear a familiar voice calling my name from across the field, I go to get up and walk away but he grabs my hand spinning me to look at him.

"Please Listen Arianna, let me explain!" He pleads.

Looking into his eyes I can see guilt and anger, He genuinely looks like he has to say something important, I need closure.. so I decide that I'll let him talk.

"Speak." I say with blank eyes.

"Ok.. I didn't kiss Pansy in the astronomy tower. I didn't throw myself on to her at all! When I went to my room last night she was at my door in a very... uh let's say revealing outfit trying to get me to sleep with her, she kissed me but I pushed her away and told her if she didn't leave me alone I'd make the cut in her cheek deeper than it already is. Pansy lied to you." He exhales taking a breath after all the words jumbled out of his mouth.

"Why would She lie.... Everyone knows your hogwarts reputation and I just got told it by Hermione, and I'm sure if I asked Adrian he could agree with me." I shrug.

"Pansy did it because she's jealous of you, she likes me and I don't like her." He rolls his eyes with disgust.

"I guess I could see it.." I bite my lip thinking.

"Plus I've changed.. I don't want to be that guy that dates everyone in hogwarts. I wanna date you.." He whispers only for me to hear.

"I- I want to be with you too." I whisper back hesitantly.

He grabs my hand and kisses me on the cheek in a disguise with a hug so nobody notices, once Adrian and Terence walk by where we're standing he changes to look like he hates me once again.

"Next time keep out of my way, just because your a Lockhart doesn't mean shit! Now fuck off. You're not wanted here!" He shouts close to my face as I sit there shocked. I can hear Terence giggle while walking by.

"Sorry.." Malfoy says running his hand through his hair.

"I'll get used to it..." I mutter under my breath for only me to hear.

"Also.. sorry about your dad." He whispers and quickly hugs me again when nobody is looking at us.

"How did you-" I ask frightened, Draco puts his hand up to stop me.

"When I went to see what went down with Pansy I saw the letter." He replies.

"Why do you always look through my stuff?" I cross my arms and say a bit pissed.

"Cause I can, and I can do what I want to." He laughs jokingly, I join him slightly.

"We have that damn dancing class to get ready for the Yule ball this coming weekend.. we better leave or we will be late. I'll cya there!" He waves before bolting out of the yard.