thirteen

Draco's POV

Early in the morning there is non stop tapping at my window. I clutch a pillow in my hand and throw it at the window causing the tapping to stop. I throw my head back into my hands right as it starts again. I can't handle this, I climb out of my bed and walk over to the window to see my black owl with a small piece of parchment paper attached to its foot. Opening the window I lazily i clip the note and send him home annoyed.

"Dear son,"

"After the yule ball today you are to report home for the holidays, the lord wants you to join us. Don't do anything stupid because he will find you. Be ready to join the death eater meetings and all. Cya soon."

~Lucious"

My smile quickly drops into an emotionless grin as I toss it into the bin. Quickly getting ready for the last night that I'll be able to have fun and free I walk out the door not in a rush.

Once I walk into the great hall I notice how all the tables are moved out of the room and there is a huge ice sculpture in the center, a food and drink bar, loud music, and everything is white and blue. The last day that everything will be normal..

All of a sudden a small hand unravels into mine, I look over to see pansy smiling. I roll my eyes and brush her hand away from me.

"Hey, I'm your date!" she crosses her arm with an eyebrow raise.

"He isn't into hand holding, he hates anything romance." another slytherin girl reminds her walking away.

"I am only taking you because of my father." I whisper with an annoyed tone. 

"Exactly, your dad likes me. He obviously wants us together!" she holds onto my arm.

"Listen Pansy, I don't like you and I never will. I don't give a fuck what my dad wants, It's what I want however I do NOT want you, now let's get one dance done so I can leave." i brush her off my arm and walk to the middle where everyone is dancing when the music changes to a slow waltz.

Pansy and I follow everyone else's steps in order to do the waltz correctly, we were doing perfect until I noticed in the corner of my eye that Pucey was asking Arianna to dance, oh fuck no. I know he likes her I'm not stupid. Not like I could just walk over there and move him away. I had to stay here for one dance, I look back over to see Arianna look at me and taking his hand slightly as they walk over to waltz with everyone else around us.

Within about 5 minutes into the dance, Pansy has her head in my neck and I wanted to leave. Arianna glimpses over and I move my head in the direction of the stairs, making her understand to meet on the roof.

"it's still the middle of the dance." she mouths back.

"I don't care, I want away from this girl." I mouth back.

she nods and breaks away from Adrian, when she walks out I pull away from Pansy and tell her I'm leaving, she seems upset as I walk out. I quickly turn to the right and up the flight of stairs until I am on the roof staring at Ari who is looking out on a balcony. I walk up behind her and kiss her neck slightly.

"oh hey" she spins around smiling with the corner of her mouth.

Ari's POV

"hey" he replies, he's not smiling nor frowning.

"you okay?" I ask looking into his eyes trying to see if I can find any emotion.

"yea, I just wanted to spend the rest of the night with you.." he whispers breaking away from me to sit on a bench, I join him quickly.

"well I guess we have the rest of the night to just us" I nudge him which causes a small smile but it instantly fades back away.

"what's wrong, I know something is up." I slide my hand onto his shoulder and slightly squeeze it.

"Fine, I have to go home for the holidays. It is my fathers order." He looks out into the view.

"That's not that bad" I raise my eyebrow confused.

"but I'm gonna miss you" he says lying about the real truth by saying something else slightly true.

"we can owl each other" I smile.

"yea I guess we can do that, I'll owl you every day this week." he lies once again.

"alright!" I smile.

Draco wraps his arm around my shoulder and hugs me closer to him, he's super affectionate tonight.. strange. he usually isn't like that, maybe it's the holidays getting to him. Little did I know how wrong I was.

"I'm glad you came to hogwarts this year" he whispers.

"me too" I take his hand in mine.

I quickly break the bond when professor snape walks up, Draco's expression instantly changes as he jumps up and starts yelling at me.

"You don't belong here, Nobody likes you. Also stay the hell away from me or I'll smack you once again!" He threatens pulling his hand up as I quickly reflex my hands to cover myself.

"Malfoy." snape says in a direct tone as draco turns to him.

"Sorry snape, I was just putting lockhart in her place." he grins.

"You don't need to pretend to dislike her in front of me, I see how you two are.. reminds me of lily and me when we were younger. However.. your father isn't gonna like that she lives with muggles when her parents were death eaters." he coldens his glare.

"what..? who told my father?" he questions.

"One of... the others." he gulps knowing malfoy understands what he means.

"course.. they are watching me." he looks down as snape nods.

"you both should head to bed.. especially since tomorrow Malfoy has to leave." he turns around leaving us in the wind rippling, cold air with rosy cheeks.

I look down and blink a few times to make sure I heard that right, He pretends to hate me so people don't know he likes me? why? I better not question it.

"hey.. I'll come down to your room before I leave tomorrow." he whispers as we walk down to the slytherin common room, I nod and hug him before heading upstairs into my bed. What did he mean someone was watching him? why would his dad care that my parents were death eaters and that I'm not with them but I live with muggles. I quickly knock myself out with all the questions.