Twenty Six

Draco's POV

Waking up in the cold night air with the window creaked open I look over to see if Ari is asleep after our little adventure today.

She's tucked in to bed with her head snuggled into the pillow, absolutely precious i must say. Except from the corner of my eye i spot my owl near the window.

Walking over I grab the paper wrapped onto the leg and read upon the letter.

"There was an issue. They have all escaped. You better have nothing to do with this or you'll regret it."

Signed by my father..

I hope he doesn't find out, I know i'm signed as a death eater as well as Ari but she doesn't want this. I know she doesn't.

"Babe..?" She whispers as I feel a hand on my shoulder.

"yea?" I cup my face into my hands.

"what's wrong?" She leans closer to me.

I slip her the letter to read over and i look up at her with sincere eyes.

"I am so sorry.. I know you don't want this.. and i-" I pause before i say anything more.

"you what...?" She insists for me to tell her.

"I.. don't want this either.. i know i'm a death eater but i never wanted this.." I throw my face into a blanket and try to cover my face.

Ari's POV

"hey.. it's okay we will get through this i promise!" I pull him back up towards me and hug him tightly.

We sit there in silence for a few just comforting each other until i jump up to the bathroom getting sick.

"Ari! What's wrong?" Draco yells in after me.

"I don't feel good that's all!" I reply with trembling hands.

Within a few seconds there is a knock on what seems to be the main dormitory door.

"Can you get that...?" I hang over the toilet ever so slightly.

"Hello?" I hear draco as he opens the door.

Nothing is said but i hear footsteps coming my way faster then ever until there is a lady in a white dress standing in front of me with a scared but understanding look.

"Moonshine..? We need to talk without malfoy in the room.." She insists, I nod for Draco to leave.

"So we did some tests and the results are back.." She sits down next to me rubbing my back. I'm more scared than i've ever been.

"First off.. You're pregnant.. The test you took was outdated and didn't work properly.. and second.. i'm so sorry Miss but you have a muggle disease called cancer, it's untreatable." She looks down.

Hearing that word cancer makes me uneasy all of a sudden.. from what i've heard everyone who has had it ends up passing away. no no i can't.. i need to fight.

"What?! no this must be a mistake!" I scream and kick.

"Miss please! there is no mistake.." She stands up and leaves the room, Draco runs back in.

Draco's POV

I run back into the bathroom to see Arianna crying on the floor like her life just flashed before her eyes.

"Darling? What's wrong?!" I instantly drop to her side and pull her close.

"nothing i am just emotional that's all." She wipes her tears.

she seems uneasy about something like she's hiding something from me.. I don't know what though.

"Draco.." She whispers.

"I love you.. for eternity." She smiles slightly and walks out of the bathroom and straight to the bed.

I climb in behind her and wrap my arms around her as she cries throughout the night.. There must be something else.. no women would ever cry this much because of a pregnancy. Right? right?!

From all my thinking I didn't even realize I had fallen asleep until I woke up to Arianna getting sick once again in the bathroom.