Four

Ari's POV

I wasn't even able to make it to the common room, right when I reach hogwarts I ran up the steps and into a corridor and slid down against the wall. I didn't exactly know where the common room was anyway so I just sat there with my head in my hands.

Only a few minutes into sitting in the corridor alone I hear footsteps rounding the corner, with that I quickly wipe away my eyes and act like I'm fiddling with something in my hands.
When I look up a boy in a green robe is staring at me, he has brown hair and his eyes are darkish.

"Adrian Pucey is the name. I heard your Arianna Lockhart?" He asks, I quickly nod and try to sniff away tears.

He goes to sit down next to me in the corridor and I quickly look away to wipe more tears streaming down my face. When I go to turn around the boy is leaning forward trying to get a glimpse of whats happening.

"Hey.. are you crying?" He asks in a low voice.

"I- uh no." I say fixing my voice to sound persuasive.

"Don't lie to me, what's wrong?" He says moving closer to me.

"Harry doesn't trust me, how am I supposed to be friends with Hermione and Ginny when one of their friends don't trust me?" I quickly reply while fixing my hair that had been messed up by the wind.

"Ugh, Gryffindors." He rolls his eyes.

"Yea.. do you know the way to the slytherin common room? I'm kind of.. lost?" I laugh a little as he helps me off the floor.

"Yea, follow me. You know there's a password to enter, right? Well it's pureblood." He quickly whispers to me as I follow him to a portrait at the end of a hall. He stares at me and motions for me to say the password.

"Pureblood.." I quickly speak. The portrait moves and behind it is a wooden kind of worn out door, Adrian pulls it open and let's me go in first.

"Thanks, so how does this whole dormitory thing work? My old school didn't have these." I ask laughing nervously.

"Oh! Well the common room is somewhere you can chill out when you have no classes or late at night to finish some work, the right staircase is the boys dorms and the left is the girls, you don't get your own room though." He explains to me as we walk over to the couch and slide onto a cushion.

"Oh, weird. Thanks for telling me." I smile over at him.

"I'm assuming you have everything for classes, what class do you start with tomorrow?" He asks looking into the green fire in front of us.

"Uh- Professor Snape's class?" I say looking over my brand new schedule.

"I have him too, I'll wait for you in the common room tomorrow morning and we can walk together." He says with a cocky grin.

I nod and look at the clock on the rough walls around us. "I should probably head to bed actually, it's almost 8pm. I wanna be up tomorrow and not be late." I say getting off the couch and heading to the stairs.

"Ok, cya then!" Adrian sends a sweet smile as I return it and walk upstairs.

When I reach the top I notice a girl I had met a few hours ago, Pansy. I try sneaking to an open bed and placing my suitcase down. When I turn around to go to the bathroom and put pajamas on she is standing right in my way.

"Lockhart." She spits out between her teeth.

"Parkinson." I mock, turning back around to get my hairbrush and brush my brown silky hair into a ponytail for bed.

"Listen here. Just because we are in the same house and dormitory does not mean we are friends. Also, stay away from Draco. He is mine, you can have anybody else." Pansy says with a finger up to my chest.

"I don't want to be near him anyway, you're fine. Plus I didn't wanna be friends anyway." I laugh and push her aside to head to the bathroom.

After a few minutes I come out in black shorts, and a black tank top with a green snake on it. I walk over to my bed and climb in turning the light off. After a few minutes I look over at Pansy who is already knocked out like a lightbulb with every other girl in here.

"Ugh fuck this, I can't sleep. I'll go sit in the common room." I whisper to myself as I slide on some slippers and sneak down the steps.

Once I arrive down the steps I see somebody sitting in the armchair by the couch, bleach blonde hair. Fuck, of course it's Malfoy. I ignore his presence and go to sit on the couch.

Draco's POV

I look up from my owl letter to see Lockhart going to sit on the couch, great just when I wanted peace and quite.

"Don't talk to me." I blurt out and look over.

"Wasn't planning on it" she slaps back at me.

Damn, she's definitely a slytherin with that attitude. Kinda hot not gonna lie. Wait- did I just say that? What the fuck Draco. No get that out of my head. I quickly blink away the thought of her in her pajamas and look back at my owl letter from my parents.

"Um.. do you know where to get parchment paper..? I need to owl my parents." She speaks softly.

I sigh as I look over to her with a disappointing look. "On the table in front of you, same with the quill. Now leave me the fuck alone Lockhart." I glare at her causing her to look away and grab what she needs.

Ari's POV

Ok then, he's definitely a dick. I don't understand why he acts like that. Yet again I guess that's how all slytherins act in hogwarts. Not me though, I won't let that happen to me.
I grab parchment paper and a quill to write to my parents quickly.

Dear Mr and Mrs Moonshine,

Hello, I hope you all are doing okay back at home. I'm sorry I'm just owling you now and at this time of night. I can't sleep and I forgot to send one out earlier so I thought I'd do it now. I made a few friends, that was until I got put into slytherin. Nobody seems to like the house I'm in, as well as most slytherins work for... well the dark lord. Don't worry though, I'll be safe. I'll stay away from most people and keep an eye out. I love you both, hope your not missing me to much.

~xoxo Ari

I quietly roll up the letter and walk over to the window to hand it to a red owl, they fly off straight away heading towards my home. I sit at the window looking out for a little until a hand is on my shoulder.

"Hey there!" Terence smirks.

"Oh hey.." I mumble as I look past him to see Malfoy staring in our direction now.

"Is malfoy bothering you?" He laughs looking over at malfoy who is rolling his eyes.

"Uh no? However you kind of are." I glare up at him as his smile fades away.

"Ouch! Damn. You really are a slytherin. Well, goodnight lockhart." He says holding his chest jokingly like I had broken his heart.

"Bye." I give an attitude as he walks away.

I quickly head up the stairs and climb back into bed, however when I fall asleep I can't seem to get Terence out of my mind, he's kind of.. good looking? I don't know. The dream stops when I wake up to screaming of an alarm in the morning.