Three

After a few minutes of walking down the small gravel path we reach a town that seems to be celebrating the start of the year, when I look to the left I see a sign that says "50% off each item, back to school sale!" I chuckle not like it matters much, I have a lot of money in the gringotts left from my biological parents. Surprising that they left me at least something to continue my life with.

"Hey, were gonna go gather our new robes at the shop, wanna come?" Hermione asks pointing to a small shop down the sidewalk.

"Oh sure... do I have to tell them my last name and sorted house?" I ask fumbling with the cash in my pocket while holding out an uncomfortable face.

"Yea.." Ginny asks before taking my hand and dragging me down the sidewalk with them. "Don't worry about it.. they won't judge." She smiles back at me.

While we walk down all I can think of is how horrible this is gonna be to explain to my parents, they know my family's history but they didn't think I would be put into slytherin. I'm left in my thoughts for a bit zoning out while I follow Ginny and Hermione. So much for making friends at hogwarts, I'm in one of the worse houses that nobody interacts with.

"We're here!" Hermione says landing her hand on the knob and twisting it open with the sound of a bell as we all walk in.

From behind the counter I see an elder gentlemen handing out robes to all the students, once the line in front of us leaves he notices the three of us standing there and motions for us to come up, when we arrive he gives us a good look.

"Names and houses?" He says grabbing a pen in his hand getting ready to write whatever we tell him, he raises his eyebrow.

"Ginny Weasley, Gryffindor." Ginny says with a smile and receives her robe, she slides it on.

"Hermione Granger, also a Gryffindor." She nods looking over at Ginny, once she receives her robe she also throws it on and joins Ginny to the side of the table as I step up.

"I'm a... S-slytherin and my name is, Arianna Lockhart." I say with an upset look as I'm handed a robe and a frightened look from the shop owner. I throw it on and turn around bumping into somebody else.

Ginny and Hermione both gasp and help me up quickly until they realize who it is and step a few steps behind me once I get up.

Draco's POV

When Crabbe helps me up to my feet I quickly swat his hands away and clean my pants off. When I look up I see Lockhart and her friends. A cold expression flows onto my face as I fix my hair quickly and straighten my tie.

"Watch it." I spit out.

"I- sorry." She says looking down.

"Your making a big mistake hanging out with a mudblood and a Weasley. Your making our house look bad." I send a cold glare over to the both of them as they quickly look away from my stare.

"They aren't that bad.. they are better then you." She says with a quick smile over to them.

"Then maybe your just as bad as them" I say taking a few steps over to her. Before I'm able to get a foot closer Terence Higgs pulls me away from her.

"Back off her man, she's new. Give her a warm welcoming." He laughs it off holding his hand out to her as she grabs it hesitantly.

"Whatever, cya at quidditch." I stomp off with Crabbe following me out as I slam the door.

Ari's POV

"T-thanks." I quickly mumble joining Hermione and Ginny by the shop door.

"Not a problem, I'm Terence Higgs by the way. Welcome to slytherin. Don't listen to Malfoy there. Granger and Weasley are actually not that bad." He sends a sweet smile to them.

"I'm Arianna Lockhart. Yea.. they are pretty awesome." I smile at the both of them who are smiling at me back.

"Well.. I should probably get my stuff and head to quidditch, wouldn't want to be late with Malfoy as captain." He laughs covering it with a small cough.

"You've got to be kidding me, he's the captain?" I say rolling my eyes.

"Yea, why?" Terrence tilts his head at me interested in why I'm asking.

"I was gonna join, but after that encounter maybe I shouldn't." I say putting my wand in the wand pocket of my robe.

"Ohh, probably not a good idea, if we need a back-up I'll bring your name up though!" He smiles before pushing past us and walking out the door.

"Uhh well, that was something. Let's head to the restaurant." Ginny quickly interrupts taking my arm as Hermione follows us down the street.

When we arrive at the restaurant I can spot Ron and Harry through the window. Hermione opens the door and leads us to the table sitting next to harry. I slide into a seat between Ginny and Hermione and fiddle with my thumbs.

"Hey." Ron says drinking some pumpkin juice they had gotten earlier.

I nod over to him with an awkward small smile, Harry looks up at me and waves. Hermione looks over at me and Ginny starts having a conversation with Ron beside her.

"Harry, she isn't that bad. She actually stuck up for me on the boat ride to hogwarts." Hermione says turning to Harry who is fiddling with the side of his cup.

"That was before we found out her family history and that she was sorted into slytherin." He says continuing to look down at his cup.

"I don't want anything to do with the dark lord, and I don't think I belong in slytherin. I don't understand. I was raised mostly by my foster parents who are brave, bright, and everything. Please just trust me!" I plead.

"I- I don't know. I'm sorry Arianna." Harry says before he starts having a conversation with Ron.

"Sorry.. he's-" I cut Ginny off and collect my things.

"Where are you going?" Hermione asks before I leave, making me freeze in place.

I stay facing the door, my eyes are starting to cloud over and I quickly choke out, "To find the slytherin common room, I'm obviously not wanted here." I say wiping my eyes before a tear falls. I can tell everyone is staring at me now, I quickly run out of the shop and start my way up the hill.