Nineteen

Draco's POV

By the time it's hit noon we are heading back to the manor with a small bag from Ari's house, we went to check on the house. It's absolutely destroyed and all her moms clothes are gone as well. I hope father didn't do anything to her foster mom. Maybe she had fled, we found some old unsent letters of Ari's where it had stated my name. Her family knows our kind super well and may have gotten freaked out.

"I just hope she's ok..." Ari rubs her arm.

"I'll talk to my dad about it when we get back and try to find something out, when we go in just head upstairs." I unlock the gate and we step into the deeper portion of the snow, walking up to the porch the door creaks open.

"Draco, there you both are!" My mother is smiling sweetly, Father nowhere to be seen.

"I'm very disappointed in you young man, where were you? You didn't even let us know you were going out." My father pushes by, it seems like i spoke to soon.

"Since when did i have to tell you where i was going..?" I scoff.

"Don't speak that way to me." His eyebrows narrow.

Before i can respond i feel a warm touch to the arm looking over to see Ari grabbing my arm and swinging in front of me to where she is now in front of me.

"Leave him alone, he doesn't have to tell you shit. He is a teenage boy and he has freedom." Ari yells with rage in her eyes.

My Father tramples towards her and leaves and irritating mark on her cheek once again causing a bruise to appear.

"Stay out of this, lets call this.. you paying your biological parents debt from leaving." He smacks her again.

I storm in the front of her and swing at my father causing his eye to become a purple mixed with pink color.

"You boy.." My father raises his voice walking towards me.

Ari grabs my hand and runs back out the gate, we walk for hours with me having no idea where she is taking us. It's about 20° out, our hands are cold as ice, our ears are pink. Our cheeks are a rosy pink, Ari's more red than usual and bruised up.

"Where are we going?" I finally ask.

"Back to hogwarts." she says unconfident.

"We don't have any clothes.." I remind her.

"I'll ask dumbledore to send some up for us because we didn't pack any due to needing to leave immediately." She reassures me.

"Ok.. what about our rooms?" I ask.

"I'll ask to stay in yours, if that's okay..." She tightens her hand in mine.

"Of course.. I wouldn't want it any other way." I smile.

We arrive at the gate in front of hogwarts, There is a guard surveying the area who approaches us.

"Why are you out past curfew?" He slouches.

"We were supposed to stay home for the rest of the year but at last minute we were sent back.." Ari spits out.

"I am sorry, I can not let you in until morning." The guard says relighting his lantern with his wand.

"Ohhh... so you want me to tell dumbledore how you left two students in the winter weather all night having no place to go, to where you could possibly lose your job?" Ari snaps.

"No ma'am.. please go in!" The guard instantly changes.

We walk in and i nudge Ari with a giggle, well damn. She did not come here to play at all. When she wants something she doesn't stop till she gets it i've learned.

"Well then, definitely manipulative alright." I laugh.

"haha yea, let's go to your room and i'll owl dumbledore about the room change and clothes needed." she sighs.

I twirl her around quickly and place both hands on each side of her face and we just stare into each other's eyes. Her eyes are so homey, a hazel brown. I kiss her and embrace her in a small hug before whispering in her ear.

"we will be okay.." I calm her down, she smiles.

Ari's POV

we arrive in Draco's bedroom and I instantly grab a quill and parchment to write down a letter for dumbledore.

"Good Morning Professor Dumbledore, It's me Ari. I need a room change to be in with Draco for reasons that I think we all know.. We are dating plus I just feel safer that way, also can we have some spare clothes sent up to the room. We were in a rush to leave the Malfoy Manor and didn't grab any new clothes."

I roll it up and tie a small ribbon around it to keep it together before walking to the window and hanging it to Draco's black owl. They fly off and i turn around to see Draco laying in bed already with his eyes slowly shutting. I throw on a tank top and some shorts and join him. Wrapping my arms around him he slightly turns to face me and snuggles his head onto my chest, I play with his hair as he falls asleep.

"I love this boy so much.." I whisper before drifting off into my own sleep.