Ch - 31. The dress

Out of nowhere, I felt a sharp pain in my cheek. I held my cheek and looked at him shocked. He looked fucking furious.

"Never compare yourself with my sister" he said while pointing his finger at me.

I heard the door open as I snapped. I took a few steps back as Key seem to realize what happened.

"Y-Y/n" he called me out.

My tears must have made it cleared how much hurt I was. I turned around, running to the door while bumping in the shoulder of the person who entered.

"Whoa" I heard him say.

It was Onew. I just ran with all my might to the exit. I don't want to be here for now. 'Never compare yourself with my sister' His words echoed in my mind so perfectly. He made it clear that I'm never going to be important to him. I know I can never take his sister's place but I was almost below that, wasn't I?

Why did he acted like a protective brother to me? Why is he blinded by the rivalry so much that he can hurt his close ones? I took the cab to home. My mind was filled with thoughts. I felt this part of me telling me to listen to Key and do the mission. But there was a small part telling me I was going to regret this.

But Key saw his sister being shot. What I'm about to do is at least better than seeing her getting killed isn't it? She also didn't told me the reason for her not returning back and she also lied yesterday about knowing Jimin. It's not that I'm not lying but I know Jimin and her so she can trust in to me right?

She also did many things in the past which hurted me so much. Maybe... Key is right. These people were there for me at my worst. When I had no one called at family, they all became my family and loved me like theirs. I can't leave them back. I can never leave them for her. Never.

I looked around and saw we were half way to my house.

"Ajusshi, can you take me to the Gangnam store?" I asked him.

He looked confused for a second before nodding. I have to do this. I can't let this chance go from my hand. Sister or not, I can't hurt my people for just her. After 15 minutes, we reached Gangnam store. I paid and got off the ride. I had to buy a dress for today's date. What should I buy but?

Something suiting my style. I entered the shop and saw so many clothes that it made me buy everything. I searched 3 sections for the dress to match my imagination but nothing. But then my eyes laid on a dress. It took my heart at just first sight. This is beautiful.

"Excuse me!" I called a worker.

~~

I stood in front of the body mirror, twirling and smiling like a lovesick puppy. This dress looks so good on me. It was a simple dress with blue and white strips with a collar and bow at the waist. There was pocket at the chest with pink and white strips like the half of my skirt which was a bit shorter than the blue cloth.

This is like... I have no words.