29: going back to Paris

"Yes", you answered nodding after you've recovered from the first surprise, "please, come in."

He followed you inside, closed the door behind him and sat down with you on the couch. He opened his mouth to say something but you spoke up first.

"Before you say something, I need to apologise", you said gulping hard.

He wasn't the only one doing a lot of thinking during the last three days. You quickly realised that you did him wrong. You acted too rash and ran away again.

Yes, you were scared and shook for a moment but as soon as you were home... you simply realised that you shouldn't have run. You should have talked it out and fight against this scary feeling.

Fight against your fear and not let it ruin your relationship and everything you had built up together.

"I'm so sorry, Jungkook. I overreacted", you said not being able to hold his gaze. You were too ashamed for the way you acted.

"I made a joke in one of the stupidest moments possible and I understand that you freaked out. I would've too. The thought of becoming parents at our age is scary and very intimidating", you admitted still not being able to lift your head and meet his eyes, "I don't know what I expected. I think I simply expected too much and I was wrong for that. I'm truly sorry for running off."

"Babe, I-"

"I'm sorry, I'm not finished yet", you cut him off now making eye contact.

"I'm sorry for giving up so easily, again. I've been a terrible girlfriend and fiancée", you said looking down again when the tears came, "you've been giving this relationship your everything ever since I'm back and never lost faith. I have to admit that I haven't been confident enough in our relationship and it's time that I change."

You took a short moment to calm your breathing and wipe your tears.

"It's time that I believe in us, our love and our future. This time I'm not going to run away, I'm going to fight for you, for us. I won't let this get between us", you said in a more fierce tone, "please forgive me and... take me back... and never let me go again."

He stayed silent in response and just reached out his arm to wrap it around your waist and pull you on his lap.

He secured both his arms around you and held you tightly close to him. He buried his face into the crook of your neck and inhaled your scent.

"I never planned on letting you go", he mumbled and you smiled with teary eyes.

You lingered a bit longer like that before he cleared his throat and pulled away so he could look into your eyes.

"I'm glad you were so honest with me but I still want and need to explain to you why I reacted like that. You deserve to know and now that I'm not confused anymore I can clarify it", he said rubbing your back.

You gave him a reassuring nod, glad that he is willing to share his feelings with you and maybe make the last tiny bit of doubts disappear.

"In that moment when you said you were pregnant... I wasn't scared. I thought I was but the truth is that I was overwhelmed. Overwhelmed by how easily I imagined my future with you, how far I wanted to go with you, how much I was willing to do for you", he said with a soft smile playing on his lips, "how I'm literally ready to sacrifice everything for you and ready to become the dad of your children at 23."

By the time he finished talking hot tears were streaming down your cheeks.

Tears of happiness. Tears of disbelief. Tears of regret.

How could this man be yours? And stick to you after all the sh!t you went through? How could you have ever doubted him?

"I'm sorry for doubting you, baby. I'm so sorry", you said sobbing. You looped your arms around his neck and cried in his embrace.

"Stop apologising. I understand how you felt and why you acted like that. It's in the past, babe. Let's leave it there and do it better next time", he said stroking your head to calm you.

"Did you just call me 'baby'?", he asked in disbelief and you could hear his wide smile through his voice.

"Maybe...", you admitted quietly sniffling and pulled away to wipe your face.

"I liked it", he said brushing hair out of your face.

"Say it again", he demanded bringing his face closer to yours.

"Baby", you whispered trying to hide a shy smile. He chuckled happily and shortly pressed his lips on yours.

The kiss felt just right in that moment. Sweet and not too long, like proof to seal what you just said to and promised each other. Now you were on the same page.

"What now?", you asked resting your forehead against his.

"Well, my list is done except for one point and that one is going back to Paris", he said shrugging, "what do you think?"

"I think we should take our time. Be with each other without purpose, you know. No list, no ulterior motive. Just enjoy being with each other and finally get married", you answered him.

"Sounds like a plan, babe", he agreed nodding and kissed your cheek.

Six years later

"Now here we are again, in Paris eight years later", Jungkook said grabbing your hand and intertwining your fingers.

He pulled you to him and wrapped his arms around your figure. He looked into your eyes and all you could see in them was pure happiness.

"And I'm kissing my wife under the Eiffel Tower", he said now grinning satisfied and leaned in to kiss you.

You kissed him back and it quickly turned into a kiss which was a bit too passionate and long for a public place.

But you couldn't help all the emotions that overwhelmed you in this beautiful moment that you were happy to share with him.

You finally got married with a unforgettable ceremony after one more year of dating, you both did your masters degree, found jobs and a bigger apartment because of-

"Mummy, daddy!", your three-year-old daughter squealed tugging on your pants.

She had been busy playing with your tickets for the Eiffel Tower but lost interest and now wanted your attention.

"I want a kiss too", she said pouting cutely making you both laugh. She was your whole pride, the epitome of your happiness.

"Okay, big girl", he said bending down to pick her up before he put his free arm back around you, "my beautiful ladies."

He pecked your daughter's puffy cheek and pressed another kiss on your lips. Your daughter giggled happily and contentedly snuggled up to her father.

"Let's go to the top", he said smiling brightly and took your hand while carrying your daughter on his arm.

"I'm so happy", you let Jungkook know before you reached the ticket office and smiled, "thank you for all this... thank you for our little sunshine."

He smiled back at you and pulled you closer to whisper something into your ear making your cheeks flush.

"Let's make another one, babe."

THE END

Thank you o much for accompanying me on this beautiful journey, for commenting and supporting me. It was so much fun and I just love this community on here.

Please stay tuned for more <3

PS: I'm going to post the last chapter of 'the boy next door' soon now that I finished 'fvck it/me list'.