[𝟐𝟎] 𝐓𝐇𝐄 𝐌𝐄𝐒𝐒𝐀𝐆𝐄

It was the day of Reiner's and Pieck's birthday meal, Reiner was out of town for his birthday so you all agreed to celebrate both birthdays in one day and this would be the last time you'd hang out all together before everyone's schedule got busy again.

After the date with Eren he hadn't contacted you or tried to see you, you were confused if you had done something but it was very clear he was ignoring you. It bugged you but you had more important things to worry about and if he wanted to ignore you.

Let him.

𝐁𝐎𝐎𝐊 𝐒𝐓𝐎𝐑𝐄, 𝐍𝐘𝐂!

"Hey Mom" you said as you entered the store, you wanted to buy Pieck a few books so you figured you'd come down to your Mom's store. You hadn't been there for a while and you thought it would be good to see her.

"(y/n)! what are you doing here?" she said clearly surprised that you were here, she walked around from the aisle and gave you a hug. You dad had heard the noise and came out from the back, your eyes met with his and his face lit up.

"It's Pieck's birthday so I wanted to buy her a few books. Do you have any recommendations?" you asked as your mom walked towards the front and you followed behind her.

She handed you a list of books which are top sellers in different categories and your eyes scanned through the list "i didn't know you were still in New York" your dad said as he leaned against the large boxes.

"yeah i'm in New York for a couple more weeks then i'm going to Chicago for a week or so" you responded as you were still reading through the list.

"Chicago sounds nice, how comes you're going there?" your mom asked as she folded her arms and watched the customers in her store "I'm going to an engagement party, a film premier and i have a meeting with a makeup brand"

You placed down the list and looked at the two of them who were smiling at you proudly "oh and let me not forget i have this for you two" you said as you placed your bag down and grabbed out the envelope.

"Since it's your anniversary in a couple of weeks and the two of you always do the boring old same thing i've got you this as a present" you handed your mom the envelope and the two of them looked at you confused, your dad walked around to be next to your mom so that he could see what was inside.

Her eyes widened once she saw what was inside "no (y/n) this is-"

"Too much? it's not, you guys deserve it" the past couple of weeks your parents have slowly been acting like parents again, they weren't sucking up to Nova anymore and were actually listening and wanting to spend more time with you.

"First class tickets? a five star hotel? a two week holiday?" your dad said clearly shocked, you don't remember the last time the two of them went on holiday out of the country.

"Everything's paid for, i already called Petra and she said she'll happily cover and for the money you'll lose with the store being closed i can easily pay that to you" your parents were gobsmacked and didn't know what to say, they both grabbed you and hugged you tightly.

"Thank you (y/n), we're so proud of you" your mom said and she planted a kiss on your head, you hid your expression as to how hearing those words made you feel. You had been wanting to hear those words for a long time and finally hearing them made you happy because they were finally treating you like their daughter, they were finally treating you like they used to.